Chapter 24

Thank you so much for +3k reads, I never imagined I could go this far. I know it is not the most, but a lot to me.

I also wanted to try something new... like Taylor's point of view, as a reader suggested x

Taylor's POV

I tug at the hem of my dress as I cross my legs. My eyes wander up to my secretary, Valerie. I press my lips together as she hands me a cup of Indian Masala Chai tea. "Thank you," I mutter. By her look she is giving me, I can tell that she wants to know what's wrong with me. Seriously, what is wrong with me?

"Can I bring you anything else?" She requests with her melodic high voice but I just shake my head. She slowly turns around hesitatingly, my eyes lingering on her back. "Thank you." I say, and turn with my chair to look out the huge window. The sun came out, after what seemed like ages of raining. It rained a lot, since I got to spend time with Cassie. But now the sun came up... is this a sign of the universe? Aren't we supposed to be together?

I can't deny the fact, that she grew on me, but it drives me crazy, when she is moody. She lets her anger out on me, which I can kind of understand on the other hand. But I hate it.

I'm also mad at myself, that I sang to her, which led to this uncomfortable conversation and it's still haunting in my head. I pull out my phone and open the music app, just to listen to Ed Sheeran, who inspires me with his beautiful lyrics.

I lay back in my chair and inhale deeply, then exhale as the beautiful sound of steal strings tones. My heart begins to hammer in the same rythm as the beat of Photograph. I close my eyes and try go hold back a tear, I can't cry here and now. And I don't wanna cry for a person again, I know that this song is waking feelings in me, I have been trying to hold back.

I don't have feelings for Cassie, I can't, because I know where things will lead to. It will end, our friendship. I shake my head to the rhythm and squeeze my eyes shut, mouthing the words to the song.

Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know

I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

If she ever told me she had feelings for me, what would I do?

Cassie's POV

I put my book back in the dusty shelf after a quiet long time of reading. I'm reading the Scarlet Letter for the fifth time, and I still can't get enough of it. I I take a brief look at my phone, but I don't have any message. Or any message from Taylor. What if she forgot me under all the luxury and money she has? I mean, it's been a day and she hasn't read my message.

Or maybe she has a new phone. The more I am thinking about it, the more concerned I get. She would actually call me or something, I don't know what's wrong.

I hear the door open and shut and see Jenna standing there with her head lowered. "Hi." She bluntly greets and I greet her back with a hoarse voice. We apologized to each other, because of our childish behavior, but I still don't believe that Mike drugged himself.

I bite my lip and put my phone aside, "Can I talk to you?" I ask. Jenna takes her jacket off and hops on my bed. "Sure,"

"I don't know who to tell, I'm scared, to be honest." She nods, "Taylor-" Right when I wanted to tell her about my feelings for Taylor someone knocks on the door. We eye each other as she walks up the door, "Hey," Taylor peeks in, wearing a pair of pastel blue Jeans and a white plaid shirt with colorful stripes, combined with auburn colored Oxford high heels.

"Taylor?" I look at her, her hair is in a low ponytail and her bangs are messy. "How are you?" She aks and I get up, "G-good," I look at Jenna then back to Taylor.

"Can we talk?" Taylor questions, me nodding.

Now we are sitting in a bar, a few miles away from the dorms. Still in town, but I don't really know where we are. "You wanted to talk?" I give her a forced smile and she shakes her head, tracing the edge of her glass with her index finger.

Of course I'm only having coke, while she is drinking a martini.

"You sent me this text, where you apologized to me," She starts, "Yeah, because I felt bad for what I said,"

"You don't have to, because you're right, if you don't want to love a specific person, then don't do it," I confusingly blink.

"I-I don't... what?" She really confuses me. "Are you being sarcastic?" She shakes her head.

"Just understanding. I mean, if you like guys, you like em. And I hope you don't think wrong of me. I hate lying to you or keeping something from you. I told you I hate giving informations about myself, but I feel like I can trust you. Because what I am about to tell you is not easy for me," I gulp with wide eyes, "Alright?"

"I promise you can trust me," I take her hand, but she gently swats away.

"You asked me, if I could sing a song about a girl. Romantically. I can, because I have a lot of them," She gasps, and gets silent for a short time.

"I don't know if I'm sure, but, but I am... Cassie I am gay." She exhales deeply and shakes her head with her eyes shut. My lips are slightly open, not getting a word out.

"Cassie..." She whispers and takes my hand, "It doesn't mean I have feelings for you. I do like you, but I am very insecure about it. About me." She looks away, why she is telling me that.
"Um," I swallow, trying to say something, "It's not bad." I say. Her eyes glue on me for seconds, "You think? It's not, but I don't know how people around me will react," I nod, "I was mostly scared of your reaction, I really like you as my friend. It's weird I know, "

"No it's not. I like you too and you know that," I can't say as a friend. Is it my time to confess that I have a slight crush on her? At least I was ready to tell Jenna.

"Good." She smiles and I do too. "Can I sing you a song now?" I nod and she gets up, walking up to a small stage, where a guitar is standing. I sit up and look around, asking myself what is about to happen. "Taylor? What-"

"Shhh, just listen," She winks at me and sits down on a wooden stool. She plugs the guitar in and adjusts the microphone.

"This song is dedicated to a girl, who was the reason I found out who I am, it's called treacherous" She shyly smiles and begins to strum the intro, filling the hole bar and drawing attention.

Put your lips close to mine
As long as they don't touch
Out of focus, eye to eye
Till the gravity's too much
And I'll do anything you say
If you say it with your hands
And I'd be smart to walk away,
But you're quicksand

I sway from side to side, closing my eyes, imagine two unknown girls holding hands and facing each other.

This slope is treacherous
This path is reckless
This slope is treacherous
And I, I, I like it

I like it a lot.