Copy Nation

He betrayed all of them for a better lab. This was most surprising to his friend and colleague Fenrik Gold. Fenrik thought he knew Dylan Henders, they had worked together for years creating better cures and genetic advancements for the New United state government. It was a pity that here in the Ukraine the States had less pull then the Reds, and definitely much more moral limitations on research. Fenrik supposed that was why his friend was now pointing a gun at his face with Russian soldiers surrounded them. There were five others besides Fenrik. Two of which were guards. Before Fenrik could think the Reds shot the two guards point blank in the head. Fenrik cringed, some female politician scream, she was shot too.

"Fenrik, James. You seem a bit confused? Did you really think we could stop the Reds from taking the Ukraine? The Reds had there eyes on this beauty since before the unification conflict began." Said Dylan. Fenrik couldn't believe this friend turned turncoat.

" why Dylan?" Was all Fenrik could manage. A cold laugh was the response.

" the Reds have a more appealing business deal. It includes no questions asked experimentations on two United States captives."

" you son of a bitch! You will never get away with this!" Said James

" please don't revert to that tired old saying, it doesn't suit you." One of the Reds took that moment to tap Dylan on the shoulder. He told him to move out with the prisoners. James took that moment to rush Dylan but was shot in the chest by a pistol. Dylan's gun was smoking in the air.

" interesting. My first experiment will be to attempt to give James regenerative cells. Lucky James."

" your sick" said Fenrik.

" and now I'm rich and free, but we shouldn't keep these good soldiers waiting. Time to move out."

______________________________________________________________________

Dylan liked his new role. He was now sitting in a conference room in Moscow. Within the room sat the Red council. The president of the Reds sat nearby looking at the map Dylan had been kind enough to update for him.

" France and Italy annexed to the states, with Spain soon to follow i assume?" Said the president.

" yes sir, but I wouldn't worry about all that..." Dylan was cut off

"Worried? You think the Reds are afraid of the States? They only think they have a chance of ruling this planet. Mother Earth will be ours soon enough." Said the president.

" but president we can't forget about the Chinese empire and the many countries that taken under their flag." Said the Reds chief advisor.

" let them play war. When they are weakened and spread thin we will strike at their hearts. Besides isn't that what Dylan and his new team are made for?" Said the president.

" of course, in fact he is already testing two new genetic enhancements on the prisoners, isn't that right?" Said the scientific Head.

" yes, in fact I should be getting back to them now." Said Dylan

" you do that." Said the president without taking his eyes off the map. Dylan decided he hated politics, he was a scientist after all. If the world was going to go to one of these three empire he would make sure it was the Reds no matter the cost. After all what he has done could be considered heroic or sick war crimes depending on this outcome. Dylan was sure to make a great hero.

______________________________________________________________________

Pain. It sank deep into Fenrik's nerves. The things Dylan had done to his body were horrific. Fenrik could only guess at what was being put into his body on a constant basis, but his veins felt like they were on fire. James was constantly moaning and crying in agony on the nearby table. For James' sake Fenrik hoped that the regenerative cells he was certainly given would kill him instead. Not that many hours after his wish James stopped making any sounds. Fenrik smiled for the first time since his capture. When Dylan burst into the lab to discover James he was furious. Fenrik could hear Dylan torch The body.

" well I guess it's just you and me buddy." Said Dylan. Fenrik didn't bother to respond, it would have hurt too much and he didn't want to give Dylan the pleasure. His defiance didn't last long however because as soon as Dylan injected him with the daily serum his veins burned once more and he was forced to scream. When the pain subsided Fenrik was able to make out a few of Dylan's words. He was talking to what Fenrik assumed was his assistant.

" this is fantastic. These test are showing positive results. I do think that that maybe my old friend Fenrik might be my salvation after all."