friday night parties

An hour later, Stiles and I were lounging around in my room, not saying a word. It wasn't an awkward silence. No, those I wouldn't be able to handle. They were always too frustrating, like stepping on gum. This silence was soothing. We had been best friends for so long, that things like this weren't weird.

I rolled over on my bed onto my stomach. I crossed my legs in the air and propped my head under my elbows. Stiles swiveled around in my chair in the front of the computer. He ran a hand through his adorable buzz cut.  Wait, adorable? No, I did not just call my best friend adorable. That was too weird. Probably just a figment of my imagination, right? I mean, I did want to spend more time with him since he complimented me, and I have been acting clingy and looking at him more.

Maybe I liked Stiles? No, that can't happen. I can't ruin our friendship over a petty crush. And besides, he likes Lydia anyways.

"So, what do you think is going on with Scott?" He asked.  I thought back to his little howling in the woods earlier.

"Were you joking about that whole wolf thing earlier?"

"Well yeah, it's totally crazy to think that Scott could be a werewolf, let alone that werewolves exist."  I nodded.

"I know that. Werewolves don't exist, but don't you find it funny how wolves haven't been in California for over sixty years, and all of a sudden Scott hears something howling and gets bit? And all those weird powers? And how the bite healed all of a sudden?"

"Wait, what do you mean healed all of a sudden?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows.

"At the clinic today, Scott asked me to help him clean the bite, and when he took off the bandage it wasn't there. It was gone. No mark, no scar, no blood, no nothing. His skin was normal, and it was weird," I explained.  Stiles spun around in the chair, thinking about the whole Scott wolf thing.

"Hey, do you think you could spend the night?" I asked softly. He looked up, eyes going wide. "I mean you don't have to-- I just don't want to be alone, but it's--" I was rambling on like an idiot. Why couldn't I just ask normally? Instead I screwed it up and make it awkward.

"I guess I could stay," Stiles said weakly smiling.   I grin spread across my face. I rolled off my bed, landing on my feet. I ran toward him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you, you really are the best," I exclaimed. He hugged my tightly, then released me.   Eventually throughout the night of talking about random things, we fell asleep.

+

The rest of the week came and went like a flash. Nothing really special happened. I went to school, hungout with Scott and Stiles, made fun of Scott's obsession over Allison, and went to work. I also had been talking to Allison a lot.

We had only known each other for a few days, but I could already tell we were going to become good friends. Hence why Scott was begging me to put in a good word for him. I merely laughed at him. Then I told him to grow a pair and get the girl himself.  I walked into my first period class, pushing the sleeves to my shirt up. Allison was already in her seat, with a huge smile on her face.

That smile was too big for the morning, and my presence wasn't that good. Something else must have caused it.   I smirked, making my was down the aisle. Instead of going to my seat, I plopped down into Scott's. I turned around to face her.

"Morning Allison," I smiled.  She looked up from her daydream and smiled.

"Hey Ema."

"So, what's got you all happy on this fine Friday morning?" I asked, smoothing out the wrinkles on my jeans.