A Lost Love (Short Story)

I'm Ailee.. 28 years old.. this story of mine happened way back 10 years ago when I was 18 years old and I was a junior college at that time...

Love is indeed unpredictable; it comes to you when you're not ready, challenge you just to see how much you will sacrifice and how far you can go for it. Just like what happened to me, love came to me all of a sudden and it vanished in just a glimpse but the memories of it remains forever...

His name is Jake. He's handsome, smart, caring, loving, responsible, funny -- all the good qualities of a man, I think he possesed. You couldn't ask for more coz' he's almost perfect and he's one of a kind. But unfortunately, he is my friend's boyfriend. My friend's name is Pinky, and like Pink, she's also almost perfect and no wonder they fall for each other. Pinky one year younger than us, she's a sophomore. We are neighbors that's why I  know her. Sometimes, we three hang out together when Jake is coming to their house and sometimes we also use our house for wacthing movies, playing badminton and the like... Since me and Jake are classmates we becamecloser and closer together.. we shared project, homeworks, foods, problems and happiness together. When Pinky is busy, his times are spent to me, we go malling, strolling, playing and so many things. Until one day, I was shocked when he told me he broke up with Pinky because he's inlove with another girl and that girl is me... my world turns upside down. That time I was so shock. I couldn't even speak a word, waht I did is  I run away form him. I felt guilty, knowing I am the reason why they broke up. It was bittersweet because I realized at that time when he told me he loves me, I also felt the same way as him.I'm not that hypocrite to deny it, but it's so sad because it feels like I've commited a crime. i didn't talk to Jake for more than a week; ignored his calls, messages and treated him like is invisible. And that was sucks! It's like I'm killing myself little by little. I don't know what to do and what to say back then. Pinky found about it and she avoided me. And it hurts a lot. I was a NBSB, I don't know what falling in love was, I was ignorant to be specific. What I did is, I pushed him away, told him I don't like him.. but I only did it because of Pinky. I don't wanna add up my faults to her. I thought it is going to be easy, to just forget about it, to think there was no Jake who came into my life, to just move forward, to throw all he memories we've shared..but I was wrong. I died a million times doing those things.. he never get out of my head. I found a love that was new, unpredictable and real on him but I lost it.. it slips into my palm, taken by the wind and burned by the time...

That was 10 years ago but I just can't get over it. How I wish we could have a love story like Alli and Noah -- their love never ends even they separated in a long time.. their hearts didn't forgets and their love for each other grows more and became stronger as time passes by.. but I know, those things happens on books and movies and I am in reality..

Here I am now, weeping.. searching for the love that was lost. Hoping it will come back into my hands and if I found it, I'll hold it tight and never ever let it go...