Part 1

(this is a original story not a fanfic!!!)

It was a cold and stormy night, all the lights had just been turned out in the old castle and the grounds keeper had gone to bed. There was no one around to see me come in. I was normally lounging by the grounds keeper's door but, because of he rain I was forced inside the castle. It surprised me to see that it was so big. When I first brought here I wanted to see the inside of it. During the day I could never go in though for fear of being stepped on by the tourists. Then at night I had to watch over my owner, old mister Jacobson, in my cat form. But tonight I got to go in because he forgot to take me inside with him.

I walked around the corner slowly changing into a normal human girl, and looked out the window. Outside you could see he thunder illuminate the ocean, it was beautiful. As I watched I could slowly start to feel my hair stick on end and hear someone coming in the room, Mister Jacobson always told me that he hated working here at night and that this castle was haunted by the family that lived here before. I turned around only o find that it was my friend.

He was also like me and could change his appearance to that of a rat. I never knew that there were others like me with this strange gift till the day I met him.

"Hey there, why arn't you inside the caretakers cottage?"

"He forgot to get me from the porch."

"Oh that is to bad, but at least now you get to finally come in here."

"Yeah, it's really cool in here."

"Ya want to go get some food from the kitchen? You know that it is always stocked in there."

"Sure, I'm starving Mich.

As we walked I started thinking about what Jacobson's ghosts would look like, I imagined that there would be a mom and dad with a son, but I figured that what he was really hearing was just Mich.

Mich loved to play jokes on people, one time when I was sitting outside, Mich came and asked me to help with one. He said that he wanted me to go in human form and start screaming about a rat. I agreed to help bu that it would cost him. I wanted a full bowl of creamy mild for doing this.

He agreed and we headed to the castle. Once there I screamed out "Rat, there it's huge and disgusting, someone quick kill it!"

Mich ran out in his animal form and loured a few guys away, I don't know what happened afterwords but Mich had a huge lump and bruises on his head for a few weeks. He told me that his plan didn't work out right and he got hit by a shoe.

As we neared the kitchen I heard a loud clunking sound followed shortly by a whisper to quite down.

"Hey Mich, do you here that?"

"Yeah, I'll go check it out." He replied and skittered off. I waited for him to come back listening closely for any sounds that might head my way.

Five minutes went by and Mich hadn't returned, I was getting worried. What if who or what ever it was spotted him and captured him or worse squished him. I was so nervous that I couldn't take it, so I went out of my cat form and followed he path Mich took. I entered the kitchen and heard the some guy whispering, "You guys think there is any one living here?"

"No way it may be clean, but that don't mean a thing."

"True but what if someones still living here?"

"Quit Shorty, Dagger will take care of them if anyone shows, right Dagger?"

"Hmm."

"You know that he never answers Destos.(pronounced Des-toes)"