You're Not Normal

Only time will tell?

Ok, there is only one thing I know, something about this 'queen' disappearing plays a major role in my life. My father told me it was a relative of mine in the twelfth century. What did she have to do with anything? She's dead, right?

As I am thinking about this I walk down the stairs. I'm taking steps once to the left and then to the right. The guards looked uneasy as I walked by. As if they too knew something unnatural was going on. I wish they could talk, but most of them were prisoners that were turned into nice, loving, guarding people.

Only one of the guards could talk. He was my good friend, Bob. I could tell him everything, but today I wasn't in the mood of talking, so I just passed by him.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around. Of course, it was him.

"You know your father is worried about you," he said trying to make me feel comfortable.

"I know," I replied.

Almost at an instant his facial expression changed from cheery to evil.

"Are you ok?" I asked Bob slowly backing away.

It was almost as if he was possessed. I darted down the stairs as he followed.

"Help! Something is wrong with Bob! Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, tears started streaming down my cheeks.

Suddenly, my friend Lucy came out of nowhere with her wings drawn out to fly.

"Who do you think you are?" She said as though she was a superhero from a comic.

Lucy put out her hand and blinded Evil Bob.

"That should take care of you," Lucy said.

Lucy glanced at me and told, "Katherine, there is something your father and I have wanted to tell you. You are not normal."

I left the room after she told me this. I don't like being called "abnormal" just because my father is a king. Why does my life have to be so complicated?

I stormed out of the palace. I had enough of, 'You're not normal.' I believe that everyone should be treated equally. For example, the other day a girl was going to the swings the same time I did and a guard came over, scooted her away from the swing, and escorted me to the swing.

Lucy came over to me, surprisingly not with her wings and she had an uneasy look on her face.

"Kat, I'm sorry about back there. I know how you are about everyone being equal, but you got to understand! This could mean life or death for you! Come to the dome when you have calmed down."

She left dragging her feet and then flying off in to the distance.

I sat down next to the swings at the playground. I thought and noticed how life is like a swing. Life goes back and forth. It is a not ending trance. I must know what is going on, so I will visit Lucy and the dome.