Guardian Angel *Newly Revised!

CHAPTER 1

She walked down the unfamiliar streets of this unfamiliar town. It was warm out, but not hot, unfamiliar faces roamed the streets. It was hustling and bustling about like it had been in L.A., and the streets weren't back up for miles with cars. No, this was a very leisurely kind of town. Children skipped with an ice cream cone in one hand and their mother's hand in the other, the mother struggling to break free as she attempted to search her massive purse with on hand. 

Adults drank a steamy cup of coffee and chatted over pastries in the only coffee shop this town could offer. She shoved her hands in he over-all pockets and kicked a tiny pebble down the sidewalk. He hair was swept up into a loose ponytail. Wisconsin was certainly a change from California, especially living in Coon Valley, where there didn't seem to have anything for miles except these few shops and houses. It was a cute little town, it really was, but Kallie was a city girl, not a country one.

As she kicked the little pebble, she didn't notice the group of boy across the street that stared at her in extreme fascination. She was the most beautiful femal they had ever seen in this town. Amoung the group of boys was Ammon Stickler, a young man who had lived in Shelby all his life. He didn't take much notice to the girl across the street.

"C'mon Ammon," Noah shoved him a little, "You have to admit she's a little pretty!" The boys rested their heads on their hands that sat on a near by railing.

"I can't," Ammon simply stated, shrugging his shoulders, "Capri will have my head if I do!"

"That girlfriend of yours is a jealous monster!" Joey piped up from the opposite side of the railing, all the boys groaning and nodding in agreement. 

"She is not!" Ammon argued light-heartedly. Capri came running up the wooden boards behind the boys, wrapping her hands around Ammon's eyes.

"Guess who!" She whinned cheerfully.

"Capri," all the boys groaned, not even bothering to turn away from the gorgeous wonder ahead of them.

"Aww, you boys are no fun!" She said, smacking the back of Noah's head. She rocked back and forth on her feet, her hands laced together behind her back, looking as a child who wanted a little something from the candy store.

"Are you going to the Sweet Heart Dance tonight?" She had a huge grin plastered across her face.

"If you want me to be there baby, then I will." He leaned in the kiss her, but she dodged and smacked him lightly on the shoulder.

"You have to ask me silly!" She smirked, a slight twinkle in her eye.

"Capri Noble," he smiled, playing her little game, "Will you go to the Sweet Heart Dance with me?"

She grinned, grabbed the collor of Ammon's shirt, and pulled him in close. She stood on her tip-toes and planted her lips on his, but only for a short time as she w hispered in his ear, "Of course baby!"

Sophia rounded the corner, her house sitting by its lonesome, the white picket fence pietched, making it look homey. That's all her mom ever wanted, to make their family look like the perfect family. Little did they know that they weren't; not even close.

Her mother always held the bridge club, she always felt that it was the most proper way to get to know people. She didn't care about Kallie personally, she didn't care about her feelings, only the image she portrayed. 

Kallie's father was a hard working man. He worked as the regional manager for a bank a few towns over from Coon Valley. He didn't really care much for Kallie either, he worked early, got home about seven and read the newspaper and drank Mountain Dew. 

Kallie walked into the house, her older sister, pregnant with twins, sat on the couch. 

"Kallie! Thanks goodness you're home!" Her mom called from the upstairs half of the house, "I've been calling you for hours!" Kallie rolled her eyes, she hadn't even been gone an hour. 

"My phone was off!" She yelled back, heading towards the kitchen.

"Well get up here! What are you waiting for?" Kallie stomped dramatically up their perfect stairs, past their perfect pictures, by the perfect flowers and into her perfect bedroom.

"What?" she leaned against the door frame.

"Kallie, don't slouch!" Her mother shrieked, dropping that noisy sack that she held in her hands, "You'r a lady, act like it!" She straightened almost instantaneously.

"You're going to the Sweet Hear Dance tonight!" He mother clapped her hands together energentically.

"No, I'm not," Kallie argued simply.

"Kallie Grace!" Her mother yelled, almost shaking the house, "You are going, whether you like it or not!"

She sighed, defeatedly, "Fine." Her mothers smile had returned as she pulled out a dress.

"It's the Sweet Heart Dance, you have to have a sweet heart neckline!" And she did.

It was a beautiful dress, a gorgeous shade of turquoise with indigo bead decorating the top half of the dress. The bottom was long and flowly, much like a Cinderella ballgown. It hugged her waist and hips nicely, and gave her more figure than she really needed. Her mother curled her long brown hair into ringlets as they fell gracefully to her shoulders.

Her mom grabbed a little music box from the hall closet and lifted a tiara decorated with many diamonds out of the box, placing it gently on her head. She look absolutely stunning. 

Ammon drove down the street in his old pick up truck to go get Capri. Yes the car was old, but in Coon Valley, if you at least owned a car, you were cool. Capri sat on her porch, wearing a dress a good eight inches above her knee, a perfect view right up her dress, and it had a plunging sweet heart neckline, barely covering anything. Ammon pulled up, trying desperatley to advert his eyes away from her immoral distractions. He hated it when she dressed like that, it was to hard to concentrate. She hopping into the care, "Hey baby!" she laughed.

"Hey," he mummbled, keeping his eyes on the road the entire time.

"What's the matter?" She smirked, "To distracted?"

"Capri, you know how it makes me feel when you dress like that," he said calmly, or at least trying to stay calm.

"I know, but I figured after the dance we could, ya know?" She gave a seductive smile.

"Capri, you know I'm waiting, for ya know, marriage, we've talked about this!" He groaned, getting somewhat annoyed.

"I know," she whined, "But I don't wanna wait that long and I know you don't wanna either!"

"Capri, knock it off," he squeaked. She snaked her fingers up and down his body while he drove. "Capri, knock it off!"

"Aww, c'mon baby! Just give in for a little bit?" She continued her little finger games. Ammon slammed on the the brakes.

"Get out!" He shouted.

"Excuse me?" She froze.

"You heard me, get out."