Chapter 1

Darkness

That's all there is...

Darkness is all that I had seen throughout the years I had been stuck in this hole, digging my way out. I finally found a weak spot in the wall I had been digging. Light flooded through a small hole and blinded me for a second before my eyes could adjust. Pushing the wall down I stepped out into the light of the day, the shinning sun warming my long cold skin. Looking around I could see no one, just machines towering over me.

A noise sounded behind me so I slowly turned around looking to where it came from and saw a girl with dark blue skin hiding behind a rock. Her large eyes were staring at me over the rock, I started to feel drowsy and suddenly started to fall to the ground. Someone grabbed me and sat be down gently before I fell into sleep.

I woke up underneath a rock ledge and sat up too fast making my head spin. I looked around and saw the girl sitting next to me playing with her feet and humming. She looked up and looked at me, "Hi" she said, her voice soothing the anxiety that was welling up inside of me.

"Where am I?" I asked her, she looked confused. A loud rumbling sounded above us, I only just realized that there was water falling from the sky and lights flashing in the distance. "What's that?" She looked at me again confused.

"That's lightning" she said "Have you not seen t before?"

"No, I only just came out today, its very beautiful though, can I touch it?" She laughed at me and started to cry.

"Be my guest, but don't come crying to mean when you get a boo boo!" She kept on laughing and I got up and walked out into the rain. It felt good to have water running over my body and down to the ground, but it got cold fast, I wish the sun was out, I thought to myself. After about a minute the clouds had all gone and all that was left in the sky was the sun blazing above.

"Wheres the light stuff gone?" I asked with a sad voice, I looked back and the girl was gone. I walked back and saw foot-prints racing off to the left, I followed them and soon saw her running away. I decided to follow her to where she was going and wondering WHY she was going until I heard it, the sound of weapons hitting weapons. I looked back and saw two large gems fighting each other, one was holding a large yellow sword and the other a large pink shield.