Amity

A sudden strong impact crashed down on me, leeching me of breath. I swallowed as much air as I could and looked up, seeing the one and only; Max Smith. I grunted and heaved myself up, allowing myself to be eye level with the jerk. He flipped his long brown hair and flashed his signature smirk. I narrowed my eyes and raised my hand in a fist, before being laughed at. Max looked at me and shook his head. ''Don't touch me you dirty rat.'' He spat venomously causing me to stalk off fuming. That jerk will never see color if he keeps this up.

x

I brushed off my skirt slowly, watching as the dust-like particles flew off. I flattened it down, and walked over to sit quietly on a wooden bench, watching everyone walk by. Everything was so bland. I remembered how upset my mother was to find that I was colorblind. Everything...forever to be trapped in a colorless world. I sighed and looked down at my feet. How lovely it would be to see color.

x

I sniffled as a tear rolled down my cheek. I clutched the photograph firmly and set it down next to me. Burying my head in my hands, I cried. After a while, I got up and looked around. I grabbed a lighter and watched the fire dance as I flicked it. I grabbed the picture and allowed the flame to lick the precious memories. I watched as the fire devoured my family. Much like what happened in reality. I laughed and shook my head. Why am I still here?