Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Jasper's P.O.V.

I wake up screaming.
I take a few deep breathes, used to it and shut my eyes tight as I grab at my hair. I was doing so well though, I hadn't had one in a while. Not since, the last episode.  I throw the blanket off me knowing I'm not going to be able to get back to sleep. I check my phone seeing it's only 5:30 and I don't have to be at the theatre until 9. I shakily stand up and decide to take a shower and grab my phone for music. I stepped in the bathroom, my feet meeting the cold tile as I turn on the shower. I slowly remove my pajamas and look at myself in the mirror. I sigh and turn around getting into the steaming shower. After mainly sitting under the water thinking I get out of the shower drying off and put on a pair of jeans, a random shirt, and sweatshirt sitting on my bed my shoes next to me. I check my phone seeing its only 7 and I still have two hours free. I feel a pain in my stomach and decide to go get something to eat. I put on my shoes and grab a jacket, my keys, and my purse and head out the door down to the parking garage.

I pull out and make my way to Dunkin Donuts while quietly singing along to my music. After finally making my way out of the drive-thru with a large caramel coffee and a dozen donuts I decide to go to the park nearby. I get out of the car with a deep breath, coffee in one hand, and a single donut in the other and walk over to the all familiar lonely bench. I dust off the snow and sit down. I look around and quietly watch as people make their way through the town in the chilly air wondering what's going through their heads. Eventually, I start to think about my dream this one was much more intense than normal and not leaving my mind.

~DREAM~
"Just come here and hug me!" I heard a familiar voice laugh.
"Toby? Where are you?" I yell at my brother.
"Jasper! Why aren't you here!" I hear him scream and I spin in circles trying to find him.
"Jasper! Help me! Help us!" he starts to cry and so do I. I turn around to see three bodies on the ground and a man smiling. Finally noticing the identities of the bodies I scream, my parents and my brother. I try to run to them and it seems they just move further away and I push harder then I feel a pain in my stomach. I look down to see a knife and I follow the hand up to the arm to the face that I can't ever make out and fall into the darkness.
~DREAM~

"Hey are you okay-Jasper?" I'm brought out of my thoughts by a voice. I look up and am surprised to see Xavier.
"Jasper? Are you alright? Why are you crying? Well, um, you don't have to tell me or yeah are you okay?" he blushes and I now notice the wetness on my cheeks and wipe it away.
"Yeah I'm fine, what are you doing out here, it's awfully early." I ask him.
"I could ask you the same, but I live nearby and woke up so I decided to take a walk. So why are you here?"
"I don't sleep too much and I used to come here a lot when I was younger so I picked myself up something to eat, and I came here and now you're here and yeah."
"You have a late-night partying?" He joked which brought a small smile to my face.
"No, I just have uh insomnia." I responded awkwardly which he seemed to not notice and I was grateful he didn't question it further.

We sat in a comfortable silence just watching for a while before he looked over at me and I rose an eyebrow.

"What made you audition?" he surprised me.

"Oh well, ever since I was little I absolutely adored Beauty and the Beast. Thought I was just like her, I had the long brown hair and I was always reading. To- I mean people use to agree with me and tell me I would make a wonderful Belle one day," I let out a little awkward laugh hoping he didn't notice my slip up. "Since then it was always my dream to one day play Belle in a production and I kept trying until I finally got it." I ended with a small smile.

"Wow that's great." he looked at me for a moment.

"What made you audition?" I asked breaking eye contact and piking at my nails.

"Oh uh, I um, thought I'd finally go for it and audition for something." he stumbled over his words avoiding my eyes and I just slowly nodded. We continued to talk until he checked his phone and noticed it was already 8:30.
"Hey you need a ride? I drove here." I offer and he smiled and agreed. We walked over and got into my car, blasting the heat and starting the short drive to the theatre in silence but thankfully a comfortable one. I take a quick glance at him as he looks out of the window and notice how beautiful he looks like this. Wait, what? I shake my head and forget the thought and continue driving. I pull into a parking spot and turn off the car but stay in my seat lost in thought.

"You coming?" I look up quickly meeting Xavier's eyes.

"You go ahead I'll be right in." I give him a small smile and he smiles back closing the door and walking into the building. I sigh opening the middle console and taking out the lonely pill bottle sitting in there. I take one of the small pills that are supposed to help with the episodes and put the bottle back. I grab the box of donuts and quickly make my way inside to escape the chilly breeze. I look over and notice my note gone but no new one, I frown and continue in. Here's to a long first rehearsal I sigh and put a smile on my face walking to the stage.

~~~
Vote Comment Follow
-M