Chapter 1 - Be Safe, Don't Be Seen

Hermione's POV.

27th of October, five days until Halloween. A good time of year, I guess, if you're able to excuse the amount of torture you endure from the twins throwing fireworks outside and nearly blowing up the whole house just because they're testing out their new range of jokes for Halloween.

Anyways, I'm heading over to The Burrow soon as the whole clan is going out, and Harry asked if I could babysit Teddy for the night. I said yes, of course, I love Teddy.

But let's just pray the twins don't let loose holy hell-fire before I even get through the door.

I looked at the alarm clock on the side of my bed, it read 5:45pm. I better get dressed.

I threw my book down on the floor and stood up, walking to my wardrobe and pulling out a black t-shirt, jeans and a grey hoodie. I stripped out of my old clothes quickly and tugged the t-shirt and hoodie over my head, before pulling on my jeans and my sneakers.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail quickly, before grabbing my book and the house keys and leaving my room.

"Mum, I'm off!" I called, trudging downstairs.
"OK, see you later, darling!" she replied.

I opened the door to leave, when my Dad called my name.

"Hermione?" he called.
"Yes?" I replied.
"Be safe..." he began.
"Don't be seen." I replied, smiling.

It was our little thing we did each time I was leaving the house. Be safe, don't be seen which meant, be safe, but don't let the muggles see you performing magic.

A bit stupid, I know.

I stepped outside and shut the door behind me. I walked down the garden path and out onto the pavement. There were no muggles in sight, so I quickly self-apparated to The Burrow.