Shocking News

(Aidan's POV)
I've been hanging out with Aquantis lately until graduation came. I was always hoping that we'd go to schools close by or even the same school. She called me this afternoon and told me to come over. She sounded a little worried and.... guilty. I threw on some shorts and a t-shirt. I put on my shoes then made my way to her backyard. I saw her sitting on her hammock and she sat there while it lightly swung back and forth. I walked over to her and plopped down next to her. "Hey." I said once I sat down.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Aidan, I need to tell you something." 

"Ok." I smiled.

"It's serious."

"Alright, I'm listening." She sighed heavily then turned to face me. "Well, you know after graduation, we're going to college," she paused a little and I grabbed her hand assuring her to go on. "Well, I got accepted to a college and it's not very close to yours. I didn't want to accept it, but my mom said it's a good college. They said that I'd have to start early." She looked down and she met my gaze once again. "I wanted to tell you earlier, but I didn't know how you'd react to it." I turned my head away. I was a little hurt that she didn't tell me earlier. I was happy for her that she got into a good college, but we weren't going to be able to see each other.

(Aquantis' POV)
After I finished talking to him. He turned away and I suddenly thought the worst. I bit my lip trying not to cry, but the tears began to come out. I waited for him to answer, but nothing came out. It was so quiet. I stood up from my hammock and started to go back inside. Before I left him I whispered to him. "I love you." I turned around and went inside. I ran upstairs and my tears began to pour. I sobbed into my pillow and just cried. The thought of never seeing Aidan tore me apart.

(Aidan's POV)
She stood up from the hammock. I heard her light sniffles and she started walking to her house. While she was still close to me she turned around and whispered. "I love you." She may have thought I didn't hear, but I heard those three words. I sighed a little and went back to my house.

I went to my room and laid down. I debated on whether to call her or go back and comfort her. I looked at my phone then the door. Once I made up my mind I stood up and went to her house again. I knocked on her door and saw her mom open it. "Hey Aidan."

"Hi, can I see Aquantis?"

"Umm sure."

"Thank you." I walked in and went up to her room. I knocked on her bedroom door and heard sniffing and lights sobs. "Come in." I opened the door and she looked at me. Her eyes showed so much hurt and I felt really bad. I went over to her and sat down next her. "I'm sorry, Aidan."

"No, I'm sorry. I should be happy for you, but instead I was so selfish and only thought about myself. I really don't want to be miles away from you, but you deserve this. You have worked so hard in school and I'm proud. Don't change your mind about college just for me, I don't want to be the reason of holding you back." After I finished she smiled a little then pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly. "Mind if I spend the night?" I asked while I still held onto her.

"No." I kicked off my shoes and laid down next to her. I pulled the blanket on us and she buried her head in my chest. I wrapped an arm around her and we both fell asleep.