(1) Cute Temptation

"This trip is going to be the best one we've ever been to!" my dad tried to cheer us up.

I really loved my dad. He was just one of the loveliest human being you could imagine of. I know, shocker. Bet you expected me to tell you something á la "I hate my family" stuff.

Wrong.

I'm pretty happy with my life, seriously. I have a roof over my head, get feed every day, and have wifi acces - what could I possibly need more to live a peaceful life? Yeah, my brother sure was an idiot, but I couldn't blame him. It's not his fault, is it? And of course I had multiple fights with not only my brother, but my parents. But since I'm not a resentful person - nor they - everything came back to normal afterwards.

"Like the last one?" my mother sighed, looking to my dad who's eyes were locked on the street.

"I'm sorry for what happened last time, but this time I'm going to show you all I can do better!" my dad defended himself.

I chuckled at him, then turning my head to the car window.

The whole ride was pretty quiet if you think away Luke's music (Thrift Shop. On. F*cking. Replay).

"We're there!" my father happily shouted out, eagerly getting off the vehicle to run to the trunk. When we all got off as well, my dad already packed all our suit cases out of the trunk, closing it with a big smile on his face. I sighed smilingly - I loved it that my dad can get as excited as a five years old. My mother loved it as well, she always kept saying how much she fancied his still remaining childish side of him. I think it's because both of them felt like they'd be forever young like that. Even I thought they would.

My brother looked bored around, scanning our location.

"This, is gonna be the best trip we ever were?" he asked, cocking one eyebrow. I examined it now as well. If I didn't know better, I'd say we were at the Alps - yuck. I didn't dare to say it out loud though.

"Oh come one, Luke. You didn't even see the whole place," my mum tried to defend my dad who was giving her a thankful look. Luke just shrugged, grabbing his suit case.

"Okay, where's the hotel?"

-------

"What!?" Luke and me shouted synchronised.

"I think it's really comfy!" our father argued.

"Yeah, for a tree feller," I snapped back. I really was looking forward for this trip, and we ended up in this cliché wood-motels (my father wouldn't stop saying that it's a hotel).

"This was a good one, sis," my older brother praised me. I gave him a quick smile - he admired sass to it's fullest, so whenever someone was being sassy he'd immediately like that person. And this was one of our rare brother-sister-moments.

My mum sighed at us, going to her's and dad's room, not in the mood to deal with us anymore. My dad opened his mouth to retort something back, but closed his jaw again, joining my mum.

"Geez," Luke snorted, letting himself fall on the unstable looking single-bed. Not only that this was one of the most shabby 'hotel's ever, we were forced to share a room with each other.

"Same," I sighed, walking up and down in our room.

Minutes passed with both of us saying nothing, until my brother sat himself up, a few dark-brown strands falling on his forehead. He didn't really look well, dark circles around his eye due to him not sleeping last night (no, I didn't want to know what he was doing on our last night home before this trip).

"How about we go out a bit?" he suggested, brown orbs piercing mine.

We had the same eye colour. Not even the colour, we also had the same eye shape - even our lashes were the same (but mine looked a little fuller and longer due to me wearing mascara). That's why I often found myself looking for his eyes, like I was desperately searching for a mirror. Nothing else of us looked the same (okay, we also had the same hair; brown and wavy). But the eyes were enough to make people say we looked like twins (sidenote: my brother, 21 years old, me, 17 years old). It was all about the eyes.