if i were a boy - frerard

if i were a boy, even just for a day
i'd roll out of bed in the morning, and throw on what i wanted and go

Looking outside at the rainy Jersey sky, Gee sighs as she pulls a plain white tank top over her head and jumps into her work jeans, securing them with a black belt. She glides down the steps, seeing her boyfriend, Frank setting a plate of eggs on Gee's spot at the kitchen table and smiling her, "Good morning baby, I hope you slept well. I-"

"Frankie, babe, I don't know how many times I have to tell you I don't like eggs. You're wasting our money buying them," she sighs, cutting him off, grabbing a piece of toast off the oven and walking out the kitchen, returning after she finished getting dressed, adjusting the police cap on her head.

i'd kick it with who i wanted
and i'd never get confronted for it, 'cause they'd stick up for me

She gave a small peck to her boyfriends cheek, and walked out the door, not bothering to say bye. Her partner, Bert waited outside in the police car, who she smiled to as she walked down the steps and opened the door to the car, closing it behind her. Without a word, Bert handed her a coffee, "Hot and bitter, just like you are!"

Gee giggles and pushes him as he starts up the engine and starts to drive back to the station, "Gee?"

"Yeah?"

"There's a little Halloween party, not even big enough to be classified as a party, after work today. Do you want to go?" Bert asks, glancing at her over the top of his shades.

if i were a boy, i think i could understand
how it feels to love a girl, i swear i'd be a better man

Gee shrugs, sipping her coffee and looking back at him, "I suppose. Should I call Frankie?"

Bert rolls his eyes at the mention of the name, not that Gee noticed. He shrugged and grunted, not really caring whether or not the short whiny punk would be there. Taking this as a yes, Gee took out her phone and sent her boyfriend a quick text, slipping her phone back into her pocket.

She couldn't get the nagging feeling out of her head that she was forgetting something, though.

i'd listen to her, 'cause i know how it hurts
when you lose the one you wanted, 'cause he's taken you for granted

Meanwhile, back at home, Frank sits on his laptop and checks when the date of the dress Gee had wanted for a while had arrived. Frank originally wasn't going to get it with his birthday coming up and all, but he'd seen it for sale on Amazon and loved seeing the look on Gee's face when she was excited.

He couldn't wait to see what she'd gotten for him, hoping it was the guitar he'd casually mentioned only around twenty times a day.

Little did he know, Gee'd forgotten entirely about her boyfriends birthday and hadn't ever really paid attention to his wants recently anyways.

Oh well, what he didn't know couldn't hurt him.

if i were a boy, i'd put myself first
and make the rules as i go, 'cause i know she'd be faithful, waiting for me to come home

Gee was at gun training with Bert now, aiming away from anywhere that could potentially kill someone like police officers are supposed to. She had pretty good gun control, and most people would come to her about advice on how to improve their shooting.

After getting in a few good shots, she turned to Bert's practice dummy and rolled her eyes when she saw that each shot was completely missing or right on an area that could kill somebody in real life. She walked over to him and stood behind him, on the tips of her toes to reach his height, and positioned his gun into position, "Now, shoot."