Untitled Part 1

On the edge of the woods was a small village that had a river running down side. They had nice little homes, stalls full to the brim and kids would play and run about, weaving through people and through buildings. But there was one rule for the whole town and anyone who went to the town or through the town was to never ever go into the woods. You could go anywhere else but the woods. But other than that you could pretty much do whatever you want to do.

One day a girl and her friends played hide-and-seek. Her friend Aiden was the one who had to count, he complained that he was always the one who had to be in but he eventually accepted being in and turned around, leans his head on the hanging frame and started to count out loud.

"7,8,9,10! ready or not here I hunt!" He opened his eyes and looked around. He then ventured into the middle of the village where he found Flora hiding in a tree. He then found the triplets Alex, Stephanie and Zac in the river. There was one more person to find, but no one could find them. Everyone looked around the village but the last hider couldn't be found.

The last hider named Ember, was walking towards the woods but to be stopped by a strong hand on her arm. She turned around and it was Kel, one of the border guards. "And where do you think you're going?" He said in his usual cold voice. She looked at him like she was going to gnaw his had off and enjoy it. She wriggled her wrist about trying to get it free.

"Let go of me please."

"Well you said it so nicely I'll answer politely. No."

"Child harassment over here." She yelled.

"Shut up you little-ow! what the hell!" He yelled and he let his grip go on her wrist go and she fell on her bum with a gentle thud. "You little bat! You bit me! Ow, fuck that hurts!" Kel yelled holding his wrist. She looked up at the man that is standing over her. She must have bitten down hard because wrist was bleeding so much that blood was through his fingers that were putting presser on his wrist. She tilted her head and smiled. She had blood dripping down her chin and her teeth were covered in red. Aiden stood from a distance, until he saw what happened, then he walked up to her so she wouldn't fight with him.

"Found-" As soon as Aiden put his hand on her shoulder, his world went spinning and he found himself pinned to the ground by a girl with hair cover her face, and behind the dark hair were bright red eyes that looked like they were glowing embers. "-You." He said giving out a big sigh. She backed off and held out her hand to help Aiden up. He grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled himself up.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to approach me from behind. You know that I will kill you." She half laughed and half growled, but it was more than a growl than a laugh.

"Sorry Ember, I forgot." He said hanging his head. Then out of nowhere she bursted out laughing

"I'm kidding. But I will kill you if you do." They just stood there smiling at each other knowing that she would do such thing given her reputation. Then all of a sudden Kel grabbed a fistful of her hair and threw her to the ground, her head hitting the ground rough. He kicked her in the side and she rolled onto her side curled up and Kel kicked her in the stomach and her body lurched.
"This."
Kick.
"Is,"
Kick
"What,"
Kick
"You get,"
Kick
"When,"
Kick
"You,"
Kick
"Harm,"
Kick
"A,"
Kick
"GARD!" And the final kick he gave her, her body lurched forward and blood spat out of her mouth and onto his boot. "Why you nasty little bitch! You got some on my shoes." And he picked Ember up by her shirt and her head lolled from side to side when he picked her up. Kel shook her. "Come on. When's that little brat inside going to come out so I can get rid of you for good."

"STOP IT!" Yelled Aiden. Kel shook her again and a little groan seeped through her lips.

"Wake up. I thought you were better than this." He teased. Her head lolled forward and she opened her eyes, and lifted her head smiling.

"I know I'm better than you protecting myself!" She said raising her voice and kicked him in the nuts. He let go and crumpled to the ground holding his nuts. Ember walked over to Aiden.

"Tell this to no one." She told him darkly. He nodded his head so fast that you would think it might fall off at any moment. They started to walk off but was interrupted by a high pitched voice.

"You stupid bitch!" Kel squeaked. That made Ember stop. Aiden turned around grabbing hold of her arm.

"Even an idiot like him knows when to give up." He said with pleading in his eyes. She shook his hand off and walked, towering over Kel.

"He's too stupid to even understand the meaning of giving up." And she kicked him in the face and he was out cold with his nose bleeding like hell on the grassy earth. She joined Aiden and started to walk. "Now he has given up."