three

I knocked on the door to room 19.

Inside I could heard the faint sound of laughing and chatter. My stomach turned a little as I thought about the fact there could be loads of people inside. But my nervousness was soothed when the door opened and I counted about ten people sitting on the floor in a circle.

They seemed to be playing something involving alcohol, so I got pushed inside and forced to sit in the circle next to Paige.

Turns out they were playing something called 'never have I ever'. In the circle I was individually introduced to the many people whom were friends to Paige.

There was a tall guy called Dan, who looked like a semi-sophisticated emo with a rather good fashion sense. His voice was extremely British and it sounded like he had gotten into more awkward situations than anyone I'd ever heard of.

Sitting next to Dan was a guy called Phil. Phil had the exact same hair cut as Dan, but his hair was black rather than dark brown, and his fashion sense was more colourful than that of the high class scene child. His voice was also British.

Next to Phil was a girl called Zoe. Zoe had medium length brown hair, extremely good makeup skills and a very chirpy personality. She was also British, and her language was slightly more innocent than Dan's.

Sitting beside Zoe was a guy called Mitch. He had black hair, which was shaved at the sides, a cleanly shaven face and a septum piercing. He was American, and hung awfully close to the tall boy sitting next to him.

The tall boy sitting next to Mitch, was called Scott. He was blonde, extremely tall and seemed to love smiling. He was American, like Mitch.

Next to Scott, sat Dodie. She had brown hair, which was shoulder length, and very nicely shaped eyebrows. Her eyeliner was very well done, and her clothing sense was rather childish. She was British, but spoke more softly than the other three.

Next to Dodie, sat Paige.

Next to Paige sat Connor.

Next to Paige, sat me.

"Right" Paige said, clapping her hands for attention, "who's starting?"

Mitch threw his hand up, "I will"

Paige looked at me, "do you know the rules?"

I shook my head and Paige explained the game.

Basically, someone has to say something that they have never ever done before. They say 'never have I ever...' and say the thing that they've never done. For example, 'never have I ever drank from a toilet'. The people who have done this, have to drink a shot. By the end of the game, you will probably end up extremely embarrassed and highly intoxicated.

Mitch started,

"Never have I ever... broke the law" he said, grinning.

I technically had broke the law, but it wasn't exactly the worst thing in world. Plus, the question might have popped up in the game further on. I know once I stole something, but I ended up crying and returning it anyway. I looked around the room, to everyone thinking.

Surely someone must have broken the law before?

Hesitantly, Dan took a shot.

He glared at Phil, who was laughing his head off, "okay, I sold an axe to a kid when I used to work in a hardware store. Which was illegal. I got fired"

Scott was next.

"Never have I ever done drugs" he said, smirking.

Paige drank a shot, alongside Mitch.

I also then proceeded to drink one.

Truth was, I didn't mix in with the right crowds in my later years of high school. The people I hung around with were into that shit, so I was desperate enough to do it too. As soon as high school ended, I broke the habit. But sometimes a little won't hurt.

The others in the circle looked at me in shock.

I shrugged and they brushed it off.

Now it was my turn.

I thought for a second, "never have I ever had a one night stand"

Paige sighed before drinking, and decided that she had to explain,

"Look, before I came out as asexual" so she was asexual? "I wanted to prove to my friends I wasn't a prude. So technically I was just proving a point. Plus, the guy was super cute"

I looked around at the group of people in the circle. They all seemed so genuinely fun, so happy, so nice. Maybe Connor wasn't so wrong after all.

"Never have I ever" Zoe started, "not had sex"

that doesn't even make sense?

Everyone burst out laughing.

Except for me.

"So what if I'm a virgin?" Zoe asked, "I'm saving it for the right person"

I didn't want to be in a race to lose my virginity. It wasn't a race. I wanted to save it, make it special, intimate. I didn't want to waste it. This was one of the main reasons I tried to avoid alcohol. I was extremely scared of losing it accidentally.

I hesitantly drank, only to see Connor drink at the same time.

"Oh how the tables have turned!" Zoe gasped, grinning that she wasn't the only one.

I was in for one hell of a night.

//

I woke up completely wasted, tangled up in Zoe's legs.

Thankfully, we were both fully clothed, but there were bottles of beer everywhere and I wasn't sure how wasted either of us had gotten. I climbed out from underneath her, and slipped out the front door, only to be greeted by Connor.

"Morning" he said, smirking at the state of me.

My hair was messy, my breath smelt like alcohol, my clothes were crinkled and I could tell I looked like utter shit.

"Hi" I replied, smiling lightly.

"Last night was pretty wild, huh?" He chuckled.

what the fuck happened last night?

A/N

HI SO THIS CHAPTER IS SHIT APOLOGIES
I NEEDED TO INTRODUCE THE NEW CHARACTERS!

THANKS FOR A FEW READS, ADIOS

also:

do not try to walk down a pile of dirt 'smoothly' while
you know someone is watching bc you will fall.

like I did today.

- BYE