Chapter 1

Map Of Ena Above (may change)

Vrísko galloped through Anká Forest. He felt free on the back of his trusty stead, Períergo. It was an easy escape from Para's watchful eye, and from his Father, Anisychía.
   Para's full name was Parakolouthó, but everyone in Grafin called her Para for short. Once she comes of 15 falls, in 2 moons, the towns people will have to say her full name as curtesy. Para is Vrísko's older Sister, a seamstress for Queen Téssera herself. Their family has always been personal to the royal Family of Éna. Women become seamstresses, servants and cooks, whilst men become personal guards for the King, Queen, Princess(es) and Prince.
   However, four falls ago, a terrible infertility plague was brought upon all the females, leaving the Land of Éna in chaos. The queen and King have no heir, and the village folk have no young children.
   A small cry came from the south, pulling Vrísko back into Éna.              

    "A hurt animal, small and dying most definitely." Vrísko stated, nodding slowly. That swaying feeling of a child's cry, tempted Vrísko into a doubt of his knowledge, but was quickly brushed off.
   He urged Períergo into a slow trot, and leaned in to the bushes. The strange cry came again, closer, and Vrísko hopped off Períergo's saddle and onto the ground. The Autumn  leaves crunched under his newly crafted leather-hide boots.
   Chrísimo's Dad, Káno, had made these 3 moons ago, before he left for a war against a nearby town, Megalónon. Just this morning, Chrís got a letter of sympathy for his father passing in battle. During his emotional storm, he decided it a good idea to saunter into Anká Forest, putting Vrísko in this situation.
   "Chrís?" Called Vrísko, "Are you in there? Are you hurt?" He pushed through the shrubbery with his arms, earning himself a couple of scrapes, to be met with a girl, around 14 falls, staring at him. "Chrís? That you?"
   The girl looked at him blankly. "Chrís? Laugh." She giggled, then pointed to herself, "Moira."
   "You don't speak native Éna?" Questioned Vrísko. Where would she have come, if not from Éna?
   "I speak it, not often. Not many to talk to in here."
   Vrísko was baffled. A girl who did not speak Ntópios? It was impossible. The only language spoken in Éna was Ntópios, and if she didn't speak it, what did she speak? "What do you mean? The only language you will find anywhere is the native language, Ntópios."
   Moira looked startled, "I usually speak it, as I said, but I talk to my mom in Ouránia."
   "That's Impossible!" Snapped Vrísko, "No one knows the ancient language of the Gods except... except... The Great Elders! And the Gods, of course."
   Then all of a sudden, Vrísko backed up. "You-You said your name was Moira?"
   "That's the name my mom said the Great Elders gave me." She continued, seeing that Vrísko was not satisfied with the answer, "My mom is
Sofía, A Great Elder also."
   "That can't be!" Cried Vrísko, "We
are named after our destiny; our fated path; and that cannot be changed." He nodded at her, yet again doubting his knowledge, "The Great Elders can't have kids, anyway. The king doesn't allow it."
   "That is why I am here. My mom tells me, 'You are too powerful for the good of Éna.' So she keeps me here, where no one can find me."

~~4 Falls ago~~

   "Stay here, Moira. You can't be seen by anybody."
   "Why not?" Moira asked, confused, "Do they hate me?"
   Sofía closed her eyes and sighed deeply. "No, Moira, hate is a bad word. They just- "
   "But you said that I wasn't allowed outside. It is a rule?"
   Sofía looked into Moira's big blue eyes. Empty, just like hers. "Yes." She stated, "But they have a reason for it, A very special reason."
   Moira's eyes went blank for a second before turning to curiosity, "A reason?"
   "Long ago, when the Great Elders worked for the king and queen personally, there were 3 of them. Dynami and Logikí fell in love, so much in love, that they decided to have a child. Can you guess who that child was?" She paused hoping for Moira to answer.
   "You?" Moira responded, as Sofía nodded her head slowly.
   "I was their child. When I was first introduced to other children: I saw things. Not things other kids, normal kids, would, but I saw things in there eyes; who they would marry, what the would become-and when they grew up? It came true. People became scared of me, terrified of me, and cut me out. That was when King forbid Great Elders to have children, he realized that it made more powerful children than the Great Elders. He was scared we would take over, of course, we wouldn't do that. I followed that rule forever, until I met Ádeio." Sofía took a deep breath.
   "Ádeio was just like me-he had nothing in his eyes. He had a destiny, of course-but it could be with anyone he wished, and I loved that about him. Being able to decide who you want to be with in your destiny? That was incredible! But when we had you, and I didn't see anything in your eyes: I assumed you could be like us too. When I showed you to the other Great Elders, as a child, they said you didn't have ANY destiny. You do whatever you wanted to, love whoever you wanted, be whoever you wanted. I'm really envious."
   Moira stared at her mother for a while before Sofía spoke again, "That's why the King doesn't allow us to have children, Moira. He's scared that your allowed to do anything. He wants to rule a kingdom where everyone has an order and they will follow it. That's why all the people of Éna are waiting for you. Waiting for you to save them, take them away from his grasp."
Sofía spinned around, gazing into the bushes, then looked back to Moira,
Who was fidgeting with her fingers. "I must go now, Moira. It is not safe if I am seen with you." Sofía hurried off deep into the forest, as Moira tried to call back to her.
"For you or for me?"

~~Present Time~~

Vrísko thought about it for a moment. It seemed skeptical, but so does finding a 12 fall old girl in the middle of the most dangerous forest in all of Éna. "Well, if you want me to help you, we need to change your name. It's kind of really, really obvious right now."
Moira started bouncing around, "You'll help me? Yay! Are we friends now?" Vrísko shook his head in response.
"No, we're not friends."
The sparkle in Moira's eyes faded away. She looked down at her bare feet and mumbled "Oh."
   "Hmm. How about I call you Parón, then you can bring something to the King, and your "destiny" will be complete right?"
"Sure, I guess. If it keeps me safe I mean, go ahead." Moira shrugged and straightened out her knee-length white dress. "Grafin is nearby right?"
   If you weren't looking close enough, you wouldn't have noticed Vrísko glance at his feet for a split second before responding, "About that...."
Moira tilted her head to the side slightly, a curiosity gesture, " What's wrong? Do you not remember where it is?"
   "I came in to find my friend, Chrís. I can't really leave without him." Vrísko replied, nervously. "Have you seen him?"
A rattling sound came from some nearby rose bushes. Thorny, just like the rest of the forest. The wind blew harder and rustled the leaves of the same bush some more, before a small boy poked his head out.
"Vrísko?" He squeaked, scrambling up onto his feet, his eyes red and puffy from crying.
Moira looked back at Vrísko, "Is this who you're looking for?"
   Embarrassed, Vrísko just nodded his head slightly and mumbled under his breath.
"Vrísko? Something wrong?"
Vrísko was tempted to snap at her, but instead he just took a few steps toward a rose bush and replied "Towns this way."

And the Journey Begins...

A/N
What do you guys think? Was it good? Sorry it's short, I didn't really know where I was going with this story. It kind of just sat here for a while until I realized I needed to actually need something to change in the story. Hope you guys enjoy it even better now!

Also I was wondering about getting an editor? I'm not sure how that works, but I've heard people mention it in their story's, and I liked the idea. Please help!