Heartbreak and Headbangs

Li sat on her bed crying. She still had the two tickets but she couldn't be sure if she could bring herself to use them. 

Li's POV 

        I groaned. What am I going to wear? I pulled something on and sighed at my reflection.

        I didn't look totally horrible. I yanked my phone and purse off the chair and climbed in the car to begin driving to Phillip's Arena.  

        I'm pretty sure I looked like a total freak. Everyone there was dressed in red. I looked like a seed on a strawberry. But who cares? Music, love, heartbreak, music.....what else could I need? 

        A tear flew down my cheek. I needed Mark. Before I knew it I was collapsed onto my seat crying while everyone else stood up screaming as the first few notes began. 

"White lips, pale face, 

Breathing in snowflakes, 

Burnt lungs, sour taste..." 

        That was all I heard before the lights looked like stars through my tears. 

"And they say, 

She's in the class A team, 

Stuck in her day dreams, 

Been this way since 18... "

        Ed's voice was louder. My head slowly turned up. Before I knew anything, I bonked heads with Ed Sheeran. 

        When I woke up I was completely unaware. I had no idea where I was, what I was doing, or what I was wearing. I looked for Mark then remembered, he's gone. There was a small screen on one wall.  

        "I don't know about you! 

        But I'm feeling 22... "

        Oh. Now I remember. I must be backstage.

        Wait. I'm backstage.   

        "Everyone! The girl is awake!" They must be talking about me.

        "What time is it?" I asked.

        "10:01" I groaned and got off the couch I was sitting on, nearly hitting another person's head. Again.

        "What's your name, love?" I looked to find Ed not too far from me. "Lorelei, but please, call me Li." I said. "Nice to meet you" The concert must have been over or something, because Taylor suddenly barged in. 

"Are you kidding? She's still here?  Shouldn't she be at the dog park with her own kind?" Ok, that hurt. That wounded me. I'm dead. 

Ed's P.O.V.  

        It's times like these that make me wonder what I'm still doing here. That makes me wonder why I was here in the first place. That really makes me think. 

        "Wow, you seem confident for someone that looks like they belong in a zoo.." Li shot back. I smiled internally. Good one. Taylor just scoffed and walked out. Typical bitches. 

        "I need to get home. I have a dog and-" She was cut off by clapping. "What did I do?" she asked. 

        "No one has ever stood up to her like that before" Joe, the lighting guy, said. 

        "Well I have to go feed my dog before he attacks the kitchen. Nice meeting you." She got up from the couch and grabbed her bag. 

        I couldn't resist the urge. I had to do it. "Wait!" She turned around and looked at me. "Can I get your number?" She stared at me for a minute.

         "Um, I'm enga- sure" She gave me her number and left. And then I was left with my thoughts.