Ch. 5

Bailey could not stop admiring the ring. She wouldn't talk about anything else, but I was fine with that. I loved the way she adored it.
"We have to go tell my parents!" She insisted.
"Alright." I agreed, now that her dad liked me.
We drove to the little house after we dropped Jackson off at school. Why was I nervous? He liked me....
I took a deep breath as Bailey knocked on the door. The two faces of my future in laws greeted us. We took a seat on the couch with them.
"So, Jimmy and I have some exciting news for you two." Bailey said not wasting any time.
Mr. Jones smiled to where only I could see. He was the only one who had an idea of us getting married.
"We are getting married." I said.
Mrs. Jones jumped to her feet. "Oh my god. That's amazing. I'm so happy." She began to cry.
Mr. Jones rose to his feet and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You deserve it pal."
We stayed and ate lunch and chatted about our wedding. We honestly hadn't even talked about it. I mean it's only been a few hours since I proposed.
"Well Bailey," Mr. Jones looked to his daughter. "You should get all your stuff outta here and into Jimmy's."
Bailey looked at me. I nodded.
"Alright I guess. We can stop by tomorrow."

...

Ever since Bailey and I had been going to work together late, we had hired a babysitter. Her name is Nichole, and Jackson loves her. She's very trustworthy, and nice.
"We'll see you Nicki." I waved as we left for work.
"Have a good night you too." She responded.
"By Jimmy and mommy." Called Jackson.
"Bye."
Tonight we were going to tell the world that we were going to get married. I wasn't going to tell Higgins first, I was going to surprise everyone.
Bailey helped me tie my tie and hook up my mic. I took a deep breath and gave her a kiss. "Love you."
"Love you too." She answered patting my back.
"Now go kick ass."
I laughed, and she went to take her seat in the audience.
A few moments later the backstage manager tapped my shoulder indicating it was go time.
"And here he is, Jimmy Fallon."
The crowd erupted as I made my way onto stage. I spotted Bailey, who was grinning from ear to ear. You got this Fallon.
When the applause dialed down I took a deep breath. "So, I have some very exciting news to tell everyone."
I motioned for Bailey to come on stage. She joined me and I wrapped my arm around her waist.
"Bailey and I are getting married."
Once again the crowd cheered. People leaped to there feet in happiness. Higgins clapped also. He looked impressed. I gave him a thumbs up.

...

"Jimmy congrats."
"Way to go Fallon."
"Fallon's got a wife."
"Aye my man. Congratulations."
They kept coming from everyone in the studio. I believe I said thank you almost one hundred times.
Bailey was crashed on the couch when I came back in my office. I changed into my regular attire and jotted down a few ideas I had for tomorrow's show.
"Hey bud. You talked to Mr. Jones I see." Higgins.
"Ah yeah. He was very proud of how I saved Bailey. He likes me now." I said chewing on the end of my pen.
"She's a keeper." He motioned towards her.
I glanced at her wonderful, gorgeous self passed out on the couch. I was a lucky guy.
"Yep. You got that one right Steve."