Prologue

Katerina was walking through the woods. She's only been a vampire for about twenty years. Running from Klaus for two decades.

She was almost caught earlier that week. Luckily she managed to escape.

As she was walking she stumbled across a little girl. She was bruised and bloody, about four years old. She reminded her of her daughter. So she decided why not help her and take care of her. Back then she didn't know that was a grave mistake. I wish there was someone to warn her for humanity's sake.

When she touched the girls shoulder she whimpered. The young child was a witch so she sensed death on Katerina.

In her weakened state her instincts came out and she flashed her yellow eyes.

Katerina jumped in fear for not knowing what the girl was. For she was a hybrid that was unheard of. She was a werewolf and a witch. Supposed to be impossible but the witches somehow found a loop hole.

They needed the little child. She was destined for something from her moment of birth. Possibly even before that. Ester can be thanked for that.

As the child grew older she got smarter. She could trick the best of the best also known as Katerina.

Katerina named the child. After all it did need a name. The monster was then known as Aerith Petrova. Pretty name for a pretty creature.

Aerith showed signs of being a werewolf at an early age. Katerina had to lock her up every full moon because she would shift.

Katerina was great at teaching her magic because after all her father had been a traveler. But her magic got so strong Aerith would pass out for days. And as much as Katerina hated it she worried but she was still gonna use her to get her vendetta.