#BreakStereotypes

WHAT IS #BREAKSTEREOTYPES?

BreakingStereotypes is a campaign started by to promote the community to break stereotypes with facts and encourage others to think outside those stereotypes. Stereotypes are born when we prejudice an entire culture based on our experiences with just a few individuals. We predefine our views of people or of a culture before fully immersing ourselves within their culture. The vision of this campaign is to spread the awareness so that people will step up to break stereotypes around them and hence cause others to think twice before they commit this mistake.

HOW CAN I SUPPORT THIS CAMPAIGN?

You can simply add the hashtag #BreakStereotypes to your bio on your Wattpad Profile to show your support! If you have a book / plan to write a book that falls under the criterion of this campaign, you can tag your story with the same hashtag as above. Please do not add the hashtag if your story does not have a character who breaks a stereotype bound to them by the soceity.

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BOOK MEETS THE SPECIFICATIONS OF THIS CAMPAIGN?

As long as your story contains a character (it doesn't matter what role the character plays) who breaks a stereotype bound to them by the society, your book will qualify for the campaign. Examples of breaking stereotypes can include (and are not limited to) an asian who's not smart in school despite the stereotype painbrushed by the soceity that all asians are smart; a cheerleader who's a wonderful person despite the stereotype plastered by the soceity that all cheerleaders are often despicable; an individual who's not aware / doesn't follow / is not interested in a certain part of their culture despite the stereotype carved by the soceity that each individual strongly relates to every part of their religion and culture (EG: Ahmed has never been to the pyramids despite being Egyptian / Dona is from brazil but she doesn't play soccer etc).

Ofcourse these are just a few examples of breaking stereotypes - there are a large number of stereotypes that can be easily broken, so if your book qualifies for this campaign then don't forget to add the tag #BreakStereotypes to your story as all the stories tagged will be added to the official reading list and read by @pawfectly.

WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR MY STORY?

There are no deadlines for this campaign; you can write your story today or you can start your story two years later - you'll still be a part of this campaign just as much as the next person.

I HAVE SOME QUERIES. HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?

You can simply message your questions and queries to this account or ask them at @pawfectly. You'll be replied to as soon as possible.

HOW DO I #BREAKSTEREOTYPES?

Encourage yourself and others to think outside stereotypes and ask yourself this question: Would you like to be stereotyped for something you don't do on a daily basis? Every person has a unique identity and it's our responsibity to accept that and look beyond the fences that line the everyday stereotypes. Don't assume anything about an individual the first time you see them and definately, don't assume that the culture or group of people the individual belongs to will replicate his actions and activities just the same.

Think outside the boundries and #BreakStereotypes.