Ch12

HARRY'S POV:

Liam, Mina and I were sitting on Mina's sofa and watching the tele in her room. I was watching the MTV channel while Liam tried to comfort Mina. I wasn't really watching the tele, I was just kind of sitting there listening to the conversation, in case I could help.

"Mina, you know you'll have to tell Louis eventually, right?" Liam said. "Of course... but what if he gets mad..." Mina said, crying. I glanced at her. The tears streamed down her face like nonstop rainfall, but her face was motionless. I turned off the tele. "Mina, we're here for you," Liam said. "Thanks Laim," Mina said softly. "Yeah, we're here for you so don't worry," I said giving her a smile, and reached over to ruffle her hair. "Ah Harry!" Mina said, trying to be angry at me for doing so, but couldn't fight the smile on her face. 

BEEP BEEP. I fished my phone out of my pocket. "Louis," I said, opening the text he sent me. It said, 'what's taking you guys so long? it's already 7!' Mina was looking at me with big worried eyes. "What did he say?" Liam asked. "He wants to know why we're taking so long," I said about to answer the text. BEEP BEEP. I got a text from Zayn. It said, 'Lou told me he was going to see Mina tonight, so do you guys want me to pick you up now?' I handed Liam my phone, as if I were questioning what to do.  "Stay..." Mina said softly. He hand held onto the back of Liam's shirt and her eyes stayed wide in fear. "We'll stay," I said, and rested my hand on top of her head, not trying to mess with her hair. I quickly sent a text to Zayn saying that it was okay and we'd catch a ride with Louis, and then sent a text to Louis saying that we were at Mina's.

Mina got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up. "Harry," Liam said to me in a stern voice as we sat alone on the sofa. "I'm worried...I have a very bad feeling about this...I can feel it in my gut..." I had a bad feeling too, but I didn't want it to show and make Mina feel uncomfortable. "Maybe you're hungry..." I said thinking of Niall, and smiled at how he kept beating me in our video game sessions. "Harry this is no time for jokes," Liam said looking intensely at the ground. "Liam, relax, you'll freak Mina out," I said. "Right, right," he said and calmed down... but we both jumped at the sound of the doorbell.

MINA'S POV: 

After my shower, I stood in front of the sink. I was trying to destroy my self-esteem. I kept telling myself I was ugly, that Louis was too good for me, that we could never be, that he was part of 1D while I was just a random girl... but it didn't help, since I loved him too much. I felt my whole body crumble to the ground. I didn't cry, but my eyes held the tears far back, ready to dispose of the salty substance. I had an urge to hurt myself... my wrist itched for it. I'd only done it once...cut myself... and when I did it, I bled so much that I had to be put in the hospital. Mom had lied for me and told the doctor I slipped and fell on a pair of opened scissors. But Mom knew how much I hated hospitals and how terrified I was of them that she said if I cut again, I'd be shipped off to live in a hospital forever. Yet, even though I clearly remembered the torture of that happening, I felt like I needed to do it. I felt like it would lift the pressure off me.

I jumped to my feet when I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly pulled on clothes from before, a long sleeved fitted navy shirt, and a pair of sweatpants that acted as jeans. I left my hair down, and quickly towel dried it so that it was still wet, but somewhat dried. There was a slight knock on the door. "Almost done..." I said, hoping it wasn't Louis. "Okay...Louis' here," I heard Harry say. I felt the butterflies in my stomach, going into a frenzy, my body slightly shaking, and my head feeling light. I opened the door to see Louis on the edge of the sofa, smiling at me. Liam was right behind him giving me a reassuring smile. Harry on the other hand was sitting on the sofa and playing with some lint on his sock. I gulped knowing he was trying to distract himself. 

"What did you need to talk to me about?" Louis said, the smile not leaving his face. I could feel the blood leave my face and leave it cold, and pale. "Well...I-I..." I tried to speak but nothing would come out. Louis' smile turned into a confused look. "You can say it Mina," Liam said, looking me straight in the eyes with a stern look. I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that I knew their smiles were fake or that Liam understood that there was no way it was going to be okay, but I felt myself calm down and look at Louis. 

"I'm 15 years old."