CHAPTER-2

∆ Chittiyan Kalaiyaan ∆

They reached at Sukhman's place and soon Seerat got busy with the ladies and Agam with Soham. Soon rituals started.

Seerat, being Soham's sister-in-law started performing rituals. Soham was a single child and didn't have any "Bhabhi" to perform these rituals as per traditions, so Seerat came ahead to do this for his happiness.

Seerat asked Soham and Sukhman to cover their heads with handkerchief and Duppatta respectively and then did Soham and Sukhman's "tilak" and made Sukhman wear "shagun ka duppatta" and gave her jewellery.

But as Seerat asked Soham to make Sukhman wear engagement ring, Soham said no and got up from his place with a serious face.

All were shocked. What happened all of sudden? Why Soham was behaving like this? Everything was okay till now.

Sukhman and Soham's parents were about to ask him the reason behind his behaviour when they saw Soham getting down on his knees and proposing Sukhman to marry him. 

Suddenly shock on the faces were replaced by an aww expression and all clapped as Sukhman forwarded her hand and Soham slid that ring in her finger.

All this while Agam's eyes were glued to Seerat who was looking at Soham  and Sukhman with a beautiful smile and sparkling eyes.

Soon people started giving their blessings to the newly engaged couple and Seerat was busy with her mother-in-law and soham's mother discussing about the marriage preparations when she felt a tug on her milky white wrist(chittiyan kalaiyaan ).

"Gal sunyo zra.( baat sun na zra)"Agam said.

"Tuc hath chddo. Sab dekh rahe ne.( Hath chodo sab dekh rahe hai)"Seerat said and tried to free her hand from his grip.

Thank god her mother-in- law was busy in talking to Soham's mother and was not witnessing her son's antics.

"Mummy main Seerat naal gal karni ae.( mummy mujhe seerat se baat karni hai)"Agam said to his mother.

"Teri vohti hai. Mainu kyun puchda ae.( teri patni hai mujhe kyun puch raha hai)"His mother giggled to which Seerat blushed.

"Aaj ta ghre jaa ke khabar laini ae main ehna di( aaj toh ghar jaake khabar leni ha maine inki)"Seerat mumbled to herself.

Soon she was walking behind Agam and she found herself on the terrace of Sukhman's house. It was a full moon night and sky was clear. Stars were adding beauty to the moon.

"Ki hoya ae tuhanu?(kya hua hai apko?)"Seerat asked Agam.

Agam didn't say anything and bent down on his knees.

"Ae ki kar rahe? Tuhaade kapde gande ho jaane ne( ye kya kar rahe ho. Aapke kapde gande ho jaayenge)"Seerat said to him.

"Haaye mereya rabba. Ki kraan main es kudi da. Ehnu kpdeyan di payi ae( kya karu main id ladki ka? Ise kapdo ki padhi hai)"Agam mumbled under his breath and chuckled.

"Shhhhh"He hushed and gestured her to keep her mouth shut.

Seerat placed her index finger on her lips like a kid and was looking at Agam who was still down on his knees.

"Haath agge karo"He said and Seerat without asking anything did as he said.

Agam started taking out her engegement ring from her ring finger. Seerat pulled her hand back immediately and was about to say something wheh he again hushed her and took out that ring out of her finger.

"Seerat."Agam whispered.

Seerat was looking into his eyes confused at his antics. What was Agam upto?Why he is behaving like this? 

To Be Continued...❤

A/N-Next will be the last part.

Leave your reviews