Chapter 18

I flop onto the couch, glad to be at home. Melody sits next to Sean a moment later. He sighs and goes upstairs to sort a room for Melody. Ava runs up with them and Spirit and Sam sit on the couch next to me.

**Melody's POV**

Daddy pulled out a small bed and I hug him tightly. It's been scary not seeing him for a long time but he always came to visit me in the hopsital. Daddy said I was very sick but said I could come home with him someday. I don't know who my mommy is, but daddy says she's very nice and so are the other kids. There's a big girl and boy who are about 8 and a little girl who is around my age. I like the little one, she used to come to the hospital with daddy sometimes. Daddy said her name was Ava and then he started coming to the hospital more. He never forgot to check on me though. Daddy said he kept coming because mommy was in there. I'm happy we're all out, I like seeing daddy more, I like the other kids and I like my new mommy. I hope she's nice...

**SEANS POV**

I set up Spirit's old bed in Ava's room so Melody had somewhere to sleep. I told Melody to lie down and I put a quilt over her. I ask Spirit if I can have some of her teddies from when she was around 3 or 4. She agrees and I take them back upstairs. Melody is fast asleep and I rest them next to her. I walk back downstairs and tell Spirit and Sam to go upstairs for a while and when they go, I put on Unfriended. Around 40 minutes in, I hear Spirit shouting and screaming. "Dad!!!!!"
I pause the movie and run upstairs. "What?!" Spirit takes a deep breath to calm herself down "I-I can hear Melody crying, screaming and coughing. I-it just scared me, I thought I should tell you..." I hug her "Thank you, but who heard it first, you or Sam?" Sam says "Me. I told her and I said she should get you." I nod and run into Melody and Ava's room. Sure enough, Melody is coughing and crying. "D-daddy..." I pick her up and sit on the floor. She sits on my lap and hugs me "I-I had a nightmare... I wanna come downstairs with you..." I shake my head and call (Y/N) upstairs, being careful not to wake Ava.

**YOUR POV**

I walk into the room the two youngest share. Melody is crying and I sit with her and Sean. "What happened?" Melody clambers over to me and hugs me. "I had a nightmare..." I smile "It's okay, we're here. Do you have anything else to wear Melody?" She shakes her head and I go into Spirit and Sam's room. I pull out some of Spirit's clothes she had when she was a kid that Ava hated. I show them to Melody and she smiles. I ask Sean "Do you think Ava's will fit her?" He shrugs and walks back downstairs. I help Melody change into a pair of pink and blue pyjamas and she sits back in bed. She hugs me again and I smile at her "Sweet dreams..." I turn on the small nightlight, shut the door and walk back downstairs. Spirit walks down and Sean tells her to go back upstairs. She and her brother frown and I tell them they can watch if they don't scream or get scared.  They nod and sit on the other couch. They laugh and yelp quietly. The movie ends and I check the time. It's 20 minutes past the twins bedtime so I tell them to go upstairs. They frown and complain that because it's a weekend they should be allowed to stay up later. I shake my head and they walk upstairs.

Hezzo! Hope you're enjoying this so far! In one of the new chapters I will draw all 4 kids, including Melody of course, and add it as a photo. It will be one I drew on paper because I can't draw as well on ibis paint. Anyways, my favourite character I've made is probably Melody >u< yeah soo... Hope you're enjoying!