Fourteen: Filthy Old Homophobe

"I think I love you."

She turns around slowly and shifts her gaze on me. "W-what?"

"Nothing." I quickly say and walk ahead of her.

"Hey Ellie Carlson!" She shouts from the back. My body becomes stiff and I stay unmoved.

People who are walking in and out of the entrance throw me weird stares upon seeing a probably furious looking girl stomping towards me.

"What did you say just now?" She questions me again once she reaches me.

I look at her. Her eyes are full of anticipation. She wants to hear it again. I don't think it's an appropriate time to do so yet. It was just a slip of my tongue.

"I said nothing." I state, avoiding her gaze.

Disappointment flickers in her eyes when I look at her and I feel my heart drop as well. We stay like that for who knows how long. I don't even care if people are staring at us as if we were naked or something. They're probably thinking why these two girls are looking at each other that way. They probably think that it is inappropriate and unacceptable.

"I..want to go home now." She says quietly, looking down her shoes.

I nod, "Okay."

She looks back at me, probably thinking that I'd stop her. I have disappointed her once again. I watch her back as she walks towards the free shuttle bus stop.

Once she has already reached the bus stop, I call her out.

"Monique!"

We are about 20 meters away and it is crazy how loud my voice can be. She turns around with a slightly confused look and starts to search for my petite body among the small crowd.

I dash forth to the bus stop, paying no attention to people who are letting out strings of language that are censored on television because I knock on them.

"Please don't go." I whisper when my body collides with hers. I hug her closely and pants as I nuzzle her neck.

"Ellie..." She gently calls out, feeling her arms slowly encircling my waist.

"Don't go." I say as I pant to regain my breath.

I can feel her nodding as her chin hits my shoulder a few times. I tighten my embrace as I'm afraid that she would just walk away if I let her go.

"I said I love you." I say after my breathing becomes slightly better.

"I know." She says in a sweet manner.

I pull away with my arms tangling around her waist, "Then why did you want me to repeat?"

"Because I want to hear it again." She says sheepishly. "But you didn't want to say it again." She pinches my nose with a little force.

"Hey, I don't know what the relationship between you two is. But this is inappropriate." Says a man at the bus stop.

I quickly repel away from Monique and look down as I can feel the stares from people around us. I hate this.

"Excuse me, does it even bother you that we are hugging here?" Monique questions boldly.

She snakes her right arm around my back and draws me closer.

"Monique..." I say under my breath. I don't like getting attention, especially unwanted ones.

"Oh well, it bothers me to see both of you indulging in your own little sinful world." He snarls and throws us a look of disgust.