One Rainy Saturday - Tin Can's POV

So hello! I just wanna share to you guys one of my made essay. :) It was our assignment in Journalism so I thought about posting it here. ^_^ It's free right?

So, here it is! :D I am sorry for the wrong grammar coz you see, I am trying really hard to speak in english! ^_^

----------------------------------

One Rainy Saturday - Tin Can's POV

by Riona Ares

I am still wondering about my life's purpose. Why I was made, why I should continue to live like this, and why I am like this.

But suddenly, I found the answer to my questions when when that man picked me up beside the streer corner one rainy Saturday morning, and He is the reason why I am here...

One rainy Saturday morning, I was staning alone at the street corner and watching the rain drops that are falling from the clouds. The weather was gloomy and the people kept on passing by me. One girl kicked me causing myself to fall on the ground.

"Gah, I hate when people are kicking me."

But what can I do? I am only a can.

And now, I am lying on the road not far from the middle. My body was full of mud and was covered by dirty pieces of sand. Some cars splashed me the dirty water on the road.

"People are too selfish. They never thought of th eimportance of a CRAP like me."

That's when I thought that time and then, one question poped in my mind.

"Am I important? What is my life's purpose? And all of things, Why am I made out of tin?"

I should've not asked that question at the first place cause I know I'll never have the answer.

The rain continued to fall and the water around me rised.

"Gonna Stay here forever.." I said. reminiscing the memories that I had two days ago.

I wasn't like this. I was on a clean, neat place together with other cans . I have some liquid thingy inside me that I know people drinks. I was once happy but my happiness ended when someone picked me up in the fridge. He opened me then I felt his lips touched me. He drunk all of me. Then after that, he left me standing on the street and then it began to rain...until now.

It's HIS FAULT! I sshould have still staying there! In the fridge.. Keeping myself clean and neat.

But my reminiscing stopped when on man picked me up. He placed me on a black bag --- a garbage bag to be exact. It was dark inside. I looked around. I saw some tin cans too! they're not my relatives but we're look alike! Just like me.

After a moment, that man opened a bag and then he places us at the table. He took a hammer and starded beating me. I felt my body flattered. "OUCH!" I said. But I know he can't hear me, I want to cry but no tears fell. I can do NOTHING but to let him beat me more. after that, he took some paints.

"What will he do?" I asked the other cans.

"don't know." they answered back.

as he held the brush, he started coloring us with different colors. He coloured me blue, red and orange the he put some dots over my body. After that, he tied us with strings, then hung us in front of the house.

The wind blew. My body collide with others and we made noise --- Beautiful noise. we are like chimes! And the people who walked by the house glanced at us. They were smiling...

"it's beautiful.." they said.

Some other cans where displayed inside the house.They were wearing paint too! I looked around. Now, I realized where we were. At the OLD MUSEUM of the RUBBISH stuffs. All were garbage. All were recycled materials.

And now,  am dancing together with others, as we listen to the melody of the wind. We can feel the presence of the cold breeze as we follow their path.

Now, I know my life's purpose, I realized one thing...

"Even all pieces of garbage can be useful to man in a way when we put smile on their faces."