Chapter Six

Kayla's P.O.V

I don't know how long we were talking for, but I was on my third cup of tea before I knew it.

Niall was just so... Interesting, I guess. And funny. And sweet...

"Oh, man. You're seriously missing out of so much. I must show you the best parts of London some day. You'll thank me for it." He said sipping his tea. "And I know this unbelievable restaurant with the best view of the lights at night."

"That sounds lovely. I didn't think you'd have much of a chance to see the sights with your kind of work." I said. I honestly didn't know much about the band, but they were pretty huge from what I'd heard.

"Well, I do be busy, but I get a good few breaks. I always try to go home when I get the chance though." He paused and looked away for a second, as if trying to get the courage to say something difficult. "Do you... Ever go home?" He met my gaze again, making it impossible to avoid answering the question.

"No, not really." I tried to look breezy about it, but I just couldn't.

"Mind if I ask why?" He looked slightly embarrassed about asking me, even though it should have been the other way around.

I sighed. "Memories. I don't want to go into it. I don't..." I looked away as my voice trailed off. It was so hard to talk about what had happened. I knew a lot of people went through stuff like that, but I just wish it wouldn't creep up all the time.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I turned back to him and he had a guilty look on his face.

"No. It's fine. I just don't think I can do it. It's...hard. And I don't want to risk getting upset in the middle of a cafe."

"It's grand. But seriously, I need to take you to see some more of London. I can't believe you've been living here so long and never seen this part of it." He was trying to change the subject, and I let him.

"I never had a good tour guide." I smirked to show I had lightened up. He let a grin creep onto his face too.

"Until now." He drank more tea and then checked his watch. "Jesus, it's late. We should be getting home."

We both stood up and exited the cafe.

"Here, I'll give you a lift back home." Niall offered.

"Thanks, but I'll need to go back to the office." I said.

It was a beautiful night and I wanted to stay with Niall. I was actually dreading work for the first time.

"No problem. I wish you could stay with me. I love talking to you." He looked at me, a soft expression on his face that made my legs go a bit jelly-like.

"You too... I love talking to people from home." I ruined the moment my mentioning that it was because he was Irish.

"Yeah, that's why I like talking to you too." He smiled and I did too.

The walk back to the complex to get Niall's car and the drive back was full of banter. He was one of the soundest people I'd met.

"Haha, I know. I nearly killed him. We were in the middle of an interview and everything. I was like "Louis, shut the hell up!" His laugh made me go weak. "Is this it?"

My heart sank as we parked outside the office. "Yeah." I sighed. I really didn't want to leave him. Ever.

"Here." He said, scribbling on a piece of paper then handing it to me. "Text me. Call me . Whatever. I just need to talk to you again."

We both had our hands on the paper and looked up.

His eyes just made me stop everything and just stare. His lips looked so soft. A strand of his perfect hair fell down on his forehead. I could just lose myself in him...

Suddenly, his hand released the paper and he looked away. After a perfect moment of just looking at each other, he just seemed uncomfortable.

"I...I'll see you tomorrow. Or the next day. Or something. Text me tonight." He looked back at me.

"Sure. I just need to get home. My aunt will be able to collect me. I'll call you. Or something." It was pointless trying to recover from that awkwardness, so I just opened the door and got out. "Thanks for the lift. See you later." I closed the door and went inside. The car didn't drive away until I was in and I knew Niall had been watching me.

I had no idea what was going to happen. I just knew I couldn't wait to see him again...