Chapter 5

Nelsons POV

  After we got to my house, it started raining. We headed inside my house and up to my room. She looked around and complimented my room. Posters covered my walls and ceiling, my bed sat in the back corner and there was a night table with a little flat screen TV with my Xbox One under it. There was dirty clothes everywhere that I didn't bother cleaning up, and my drums sat beside the door with my dresser beside it. It wasn't anything special and it was a literally a pig sty. "Uh, thanks, I guess...?" I responded. I saw a two week old piece of pizza sitting on my dresser. I tried to discreetly walk over to it and throw it out but I was caught. "Yummy," She said with a smirk and I laughed. "So what d'you wanna do?" I asked. "Doesn't matter to me, whatever you wanna do," She replied with a smile. "D'you play video games?" I asked. She probably didn't but it was worth a shot. "I love video games!" She said excitedly. She's a gamer? Sexy. "Favourite game?" I questioned. "Bio Shock," She answered. "Cool. Mine's Halo 4." I commented. She nodded. "Sweet," She said. "Video games?" I asked. "Video games." She responded.

Maggie's POV

  Me and Nelson had been playing video games for almost an hour, and he was kicking my ass. After finished our second round of Call of Duty Black Ops 2, he stretched and asked if I wanted a break. "Yeah, that'd be good, Just remember, I'm only warming up. I'll be kicking your ass next round!" I threatened, jokingly. He laughed and shook his head. "In your dreams." He mumbled quietly as he got up and made his way to the door. "Fuck you!" I laughed as I followed. "Maybe later" he mumbled again, laughing. I wish.  I followed him to the kitchen downstairs. He opened the fridge and I watched him as he dug through it and then threw me a Monster. "You drink energy drinks?" He asked as he grabbed one for himself and opened it. I nodded and opened mine, taking a sip. We walked back upstairs and sat on his bed. We talked about random stuff and after a while we both finished our drinks and set them on the floor. We both went silent for a moment and I looked at him and noticed he was staring at me. My heart started beating faster as I watched him hesitate for a moment, then start to lean in slowly. He... He was gonna... He was gonna fucking kiss me. I was so scared but so ready at the same time. I began to lean in, but I began to shake and I instantly realized I was about to have another panic attack. WHY!? WHY AT THE STUPIDEST TIMES?! Not knowing what to do, I stood up and bolted. I ran outside into the pouring rain. "Fuck!" I yelled to myself. This was so cliche. Now I get to walk home in the rain, soaked, and miserable. I was about to leave the drive way when I heard my name being called. "Maggie!" I heard Nelson's voice yell. I turned around to see him running towards me. "What happened?" He asked. "N-Nelson... I'm so sorry, it was another panic attack and I didn't know what to do so i just ran, an-" I started to say. "Hey, no, don't apoligize for something you can't control." He told me as he gently grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. He stared down at me for a moment before leaning in and pressing his soft lips against mine. I placed my hands on his cheeks and closed my eyes, savouring the moment. And we stood like that, in the rain, for what seemed like minutes, before he pulled away and said softly, "Everything will be okay.". And in that few, short seconds, I had never been happier.