Protector

I stood completely still.

My heart stopped beating. 

The blood in my veins stopped running and my finger tips started to freeze. 

It was picth black and I was standing alone in the middle of the road. Alone, except for the creature that was steadily approaching me. For some mysterious reason the all the streetlights were off. The only light source was the moon which was shining abnormally bright this late spring evening. My lips trembled trying to utter the wors 'Stop' and 'Help' but all that came out was a helpless whisper.

The figure was getting closer and closer. Clearer and clearer. It let out a growl, causing a shiver to run down my spine. Why me? Why did I have to leave Eline's hous so late? Why didn't I leave earlier like my mom told me too? If I had listened to her I wouldn't have been in this situation. Why did I have to be so stubborn? I had heard the concern in my mother's voice. She said that I had to get home as sson as possible but since I was ad at her, I hung up the phone.

Look at me now? Weak and fragile. In the middle of the street. Imobile. As the creature came closer, I could make out it's form. It was a wolf. A large wolf. It snapped at me when it was nothing but a meter a way, but I just stood still. It's bright grey eyes examined every part of my body. It sensed my fear. I was slowly loosing consciousness. My blood was lacking oxygen and my vision was becoming blurry. Am I going to die? I'm too young. I was only seventeen. I hadn't done anything to deserve this.

The wolf started circling my inanimate figure. Its coal black fur rubbed against my legs. Please, stop! I cried within my mind. After 3 rounds the wolf stopped in front of me. 

I started wobbling from side to side. With a loud thud I fell in the middle of the street. The last thing I remembered was the brightness of car headlights and a car screeching to a halt. The wolf howled at the car. And I was gone.