Unusual

I stared down at my newly perfect Juicy Couture clothing, which is now worthless. My boot's zippers are peeling off, my black leggings are ripped and muddy, the same goes for my sequin tank top. Well technically, these clothes are not mine. I stole them from spoiled foster sister Rachel. I have been with about seven families and each time I took about 50 to 100 dollars in cash because I couldn't wait for that day to escape everything. And that day is today.

There is a good and bad part about all of this. The good part is that a hotel is one mile down and the bad part is well...I think the cops are chasing me. It started last night when I got the money from my foster parents. I stuffed everything I need for the past few days in a bag because I've been planning my escape. Well apparently Rachel saw me and called the cops as I started running.

I just started to notice how cold it was. Its mid-fall and it was pretty cool down here in California. I tripped over a higher block of the sidewalk and my boot fell off. Crap now my toes are numb. I kept walking and didn't go back for my shoe because I wanted to be as far away as I possibly could be from the cops. I still looked over my shoulder to see if the cops were in sight. No and thank God.

I could see the hotel right around the corner and I picked up my speed which made my bag with all of my belongings almost fall off. Next thing I was there.

I researched this hotel to make sure it was nice but not crappy and affordable. I looked around and it didn't look like the pictures I saw. The walls were painted a royal red and the floor was marble. There were expensive paintings hung everywhere and it seemed like they came out of an art museum. Wow, major upgrade but surprisingly, it was almost empty. I walked up to the front desk and the girl working it was reading a magazine. "Could I have a room?" I asked. "Preferably on level one?" She never looked up but tossed me some keys. "Well sorry." I muttered as I looked at the key number. Oh 13, my favorite number. I walked up to my room, slid the key in the hole, turned it, and opened the door.

My mouth dropped. The room was a lot nicer than the lobby. There were golden drapes that covered the window; the bed was king size with beautiful laced pillows, and oh-my-god. The bathroom was bigger than the real room. I was about to drop dead when I saw that there was a steam room next to the shower. I laid my bag on the bed and took a shower.

Ten minutes later I walked out feeling fresh and relaxed. I walked over to the bed to get out a new pair of clothes. I put on jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt over it. I sat on my bed and lay down. "Ahhhh...." I muttered, "This is the life." I sat there with my eyes closed for a while when I smelled something burning. I opened one eye and then the other to find it was a fireplace. I sat straight up and went to the foot of my bed so I could feel the warmth. A shiver went down my body and then I turned around so my back could be warm too.

I just noticed that the TV was on and above my bed. How could I have not noticed these things? I grabbed the remote off the night stand and turned the volume up. It was the news channel. Nice, let's see what's happening around the world. The news man just finished talking about the volcano somewhere in Hawaii just became extinct. Then I could not believe what I saw. Rachel was on the news crying for me to come back! And she was holding up a picture of me. Oh that is such an act! I stood up on my bed, paused the TV, and looked closely at the picture Rachel was holding. I groaned in anger. They used THAT picture of me?! The one in the morning when I wasn't even ready and my blonde hair in knots? I shut off the TV in anger and walked out of my room to go get something to eat.

Past my hallway and around a corner was a small dining area. Very family friendly, I thought. They had a whole buffet spread out and I'm still shocked that nobody except me checked into this place. There was a whole brunch meal set up. It went from egg omelets to different kinds of soups and salads. I only took a bowl of Captain Crunch cereal though. I gobbled up the food and started down my room's hallway.

As I came near my door, I saw that a tiny crack was open. I was shocked because I remember locking the door shut because I don't want some creep snooping and walking in my room. Just like the counter lady for example. I turned around to look to see if there was anyone leaving my door or for anyone in sight. And that's when I felt a cold hand around my mouth and I was being forced inside.