Chapter 1

*Louis pov*

My vision is blurry as I walk down the empty streets of Mallorca. My once silent crying can now be heard in the houses that surround me. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to keep lying to myself. So that is why I'm crying, because I can't keep it in any longer. I remember the day I found out, what my sister told me; "Every day it'll hurt less." I know she was trying to comfort me, I really do, but she doesn't know it's made me feel worse.

I can see where I step because of the streetlights. I don't know where I'm going, but I don't need to know. I don't have to have everything planned out because I've always done that, I need change, I need to get away from it all, I need to sit and rest.

I've lost track of time but I know it's late at night. I know because the lights in peoples home are off. I can just make out the faint sound of music a couple of houses down from where I stand; the only house with lights on.

I walk towards it because I know that that house is full, that people are inside it. And maybe,just maybe, if I sit and rest in front of it I won't feel so lonely because I know there are people in that house, keeping each other company, and that's what I need right now, company. Someone to be with.

I sit down on the pavement in front of the house and bury my face in my hands. Why did it have to be me? Why did it have to be anyone? Why did cancer exist?

As I think about the questions I continuously ask myself, I hear a door open, then close, then someones footsteps from behind me, loud enough for me to hear over my thoughts and sobs. As I slowly lift my head, they stop. I close my eyes. I feel the person who's footsteps I just heard sit down next to me, their arm slightly brushing mine.

Keep calm Louis, this is what you want, company. The person came from behind you, from inside the house you're sitting in front of, which means they don't want to hurt you. Maybe they just want you off of their property, but then why would they sit next to you? Or maybe they... My thoughts are interrupted by the somebody's voice speaking, a British boy by the looks of it, just like me. All British people are nice right?

"Hi." His voice is deep, accent thick. "You're on my property, well my dad's property."

"Oops" I say as I get up, brushing my jeans.

"Hey mate, relax, it was just a joke. Sit down." He quietly chuckles. "Very British 'oops' I heard there, didn't expect you to understand me since you know, we're in Spain."

I laugh as I sit back down, this time, my arm slightly brushing his. "Yeah from Doncaster. Sorry I just sat here. I'm having a bad night and I just needed to rest." I sniffle at the end of the sentence and look down at my hands.

"Cool, I was raised in Holmes Chapel. Everything okay?"

"Yeah I guess." I look up from my hands and turn to face the boy who, by the looks of it, was already facing me. There is enough light coming from inside the house for me to see his eyes, a deep green, and his curls that he keeps pushing off of his forehead.

"Well, I just came down cause I needed a rest from my dad's party, I'd invite you to come in but I was taught not to talk to strangers, and besides, why would you want to come to a party full of rich old men listening to weird music?" He smiles,dimples. "Better get going. I'm Harry by the way." And just as quickly as he sat down and came outside, he got up and went inside. I turn my head slightly to see him from a different angle. Tall, taller than me, black skinny jeans and brown boots. Cute.

I face forward again and smile to myself. At least I had company tonight. I stand up brushing my jeans yet again and head back to my uncle's house. Wasn't such a bad night after all. But then again, I'm probably never gonna see the lad in my life am I?

A/N:Sooo that was the end of chapter 1!!! Hope you enjoyed reading it :)