Chapter 1: Apollo Amadeus Edric Altronov

One windy afternoon, a thin pale boy stood by his mother's grave reliving the memories they shared together. The warm summer winds brought only mournful pieces of past of the black haired boy. Cold salty tears trailed pale skin; dark hair threads swayed with the playful wind; and a young lad's mind flew to nowhere until a familiar voice was heard.

"Hey buddie, brighten up! I reckon your mother's already in a better place.", said the bestfriend of the thin pale boy.

"Thank you Seamus, I just can't stop grieving. It's like... um... losing the last part of you.", said the tearful boy.

"Drake Stewart Colfer! Stop crying. Your mother will be sad if you cry.", said Seamus giving Drake a hug.

"Thanks mate. That's all I can say for your kindness to me."
Just to their surprise, an old man appeared out of thin air wearing a long green cloak. The old man spoke,"Mr. Flamel, a pleasant day."

Seamus quickly gave his bestfriend a look wearing his "who is that" face.

Drake said with an awe, "My.. my name is Drake Colfer. I think you made a mistake."

"No, I didn't.", stated the old man. "I am Professor Apollo Amadeus Edric Altronov. Headmaster of the Trantrumeria Magic Academy."

"What's your business here stranger?", said Seamus as his eyes narrowed shooting daggers to old man.

"I am here to invite your friend to attend our school Mr. Seamus Coleman.", answered Professor Altronov.

"How did you know my name? Anyway, my friend will be a magician?", said Seamus.

"Yes, our school focuses on developing magical abilities of those young men of your age whom posses the capability to perform magic.", answered Professor Altronov.

"I wanna see you on one of my children's birthday party mate.", said Seamus laughing.

Drake yelled to Seamus, "Cut it out will you."

He then faced the old man and said, "Mr. Altronov I will be the one to beg your pardon for the rudeness of my friend."

The old man just smiled.

"I think you should go Seamus.", glaring daggers to his besfriend. If looks can kill, Seamus must be dead eons ago.

"I have a better idea, I think I should go.", stated Seamus with a smirk on his face.

"Well, then see you later.", shouted Drake to his friend which is already running away from his wrath. He almost forgotten about the old man whom he is talking to.

"Sorry 'bout that Mr. Altronov."
"Call me Professor Altronov Mr.Flame."
"My name is Drake Colfer Professor Altronov, and what do you mean by magic as you stated earlier?"
"Things that are impossible to a herk's eye. Ooh, I forgot. Here, read this letter from your mother.", said Professor Altronov while handing Drake an envelope.
"Herk?", questioned Drake while opening the envelope.

"Herks are those non-magical creatures like your friend Mr. Flamel."

Drake starts to think that this man's head is hollow like a coconut husk but he just shook off the thought that this man is insane and started to read his mother's letter.

*My dearest Drake,

Before you fill your minds with doubts and questions, I will like to inform you that we did this for your protection until you are in a safer place. You are not a normal person my son, you are a wizard.

I assume that while you are reading this, I may have passed from your side. But do not be sad, you still have a family for I am not you're real mother, but I am your godmother. Your family is in the other world, waiting for your warm embrace.
From this point you will face hardships, but bear in your heart that you are one of the greatest person I ever met.