I Don't Know How It Gets Better Than This

Karlie's POV

It had been a few weeks since Karlie and Taylor had seen each other. Karlie had some shoots over in London, and Taylor had been working on her new album, but they still texted every day. Karlie had three shoots in Chicago this week, then another two weeks off. Taylor had said she was in Nashville doing some meetings at her record label. Karlie looked up flight times from Chicago to Nashville as she was getting her makeup done for her last shoot. Before booking her flight, she texted Taylor to make sure her coming to Nashville would be ok. She thought it was a little early in the relationship for spontaneous trips across the country. They hadn't even talked about what they actually were.

Are we dating? Are we girlfriends? Is there a difference?

Karlie pulled up her messages and sent Taylor a quick text:

Hey Tay, I'm in Chicago this week and I have two weeks off after today. I was wondering if it would be cool if I flew to Nashville so we could hang out whenever you don't have meetings?

It was only a couple minutes before Karlie received a reply:

You would do that for me? Of course you can come to Nashville! I'd love to have you over! I can get Tree to book you a flight if you're super busy.

Karlie smiled as she typed out a response:

Of course I would! I'm sitting in makeup right now, so I can do it. I just wanted to make sure it would be ok before I booked a flight.

With that, Karlie booked her flight for a few hours after her shoot, so she would have time to go back to her hotel to pack.

Karlie just stepped out of the hotel and into the awaiting car as she sent a message to her manager, letting her know where she would be for the next week. There were no paparazzi in sight as she arrived at the airport. She got through security and sent Taylor one last text before she boarded the plane:

Sitting at the terminal now, boarding in like 10. See you soon!!! :D

The flight from Chicago to Nashville was going to be an hour and a half. It wasn't the longest floght she had ever been on, but she still came prepared. Karlie put her earbuds in and opened up her laptop to continue some coding she had been doing to make the time go by.

She landed at Nashville International at 3:30 and made her way to baggage claim. Once she had all of her things, she found a man in a suit holding a sign that said "Karlie" in familiar handwriting. The sign had stars and smiley faces all over it, no doubt Taylor's doing. The man took her bags and brought her to the car that would be taking her to Taylor's apartment downtown. As she sat down in the Escalade, she was engulfed in a hug from a pair of long arms.

"Surprise!" Taylor yelled from next to Karlie. "I couldn't wait for you to get to the apartment, so I decided to come pick you up. I hope it was ok that I didn't go in, but I personalized your sign and made it pretty." Taylor was beaming with pride over the fact that she had made such a masterpiece.

"It's totally fine you didn't come in, Tay. I'm just happy to be able to hang out this week," Karlie was still recovering from being startled by Taylor's hug, but she was happy to see the girl nonetheless.

"I've planned a little surprise for us, but first we're stopping off at the apartment so I can give you a tour and put your stuff up."

"That sounds perfect, where are we going?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?"

"But I don't like surprises," Karlie pulled a pouty face, pretending to be upset