1%

I, Hope Elizabeth Soberano, am getting ready for the Star Magic Ball 2014. People glamorize the idea of celebrities getting ready before the big night but what they don't know is that it's a struggle getting ready. They think, we wake up in the morning with maids and make up artists ready to work for us in the foot of our bed. But in reality, we are pulled left and right to different salons, dress fittings and interviews. We have to wake-up in the early mornings to finish work because this big night is not an excuse to get a day off. Although this life is something I had hope for, there are minor things I do not like. For example, reserving myself for someone I hate because I am tied down to a contract that does not end until next year.

We've been taping Forevermore for about three months now, and so far the fans are getting what they want. We've heard news about the ratings bumping up by 1% each week, and although it's not much, I think we did a good job with pretending and acting we're in love. Perks of getting an audience while keeping the ones we have now.

Ah yes, Enrique Gil. Playboy, mayabang, party animal, and of course a charmer. But also my leading man. The boy who I'm supposedly in love with but at the same time, keeping things on the low down to keep the media wanting more.

Any girl would drop on her knees just to get his attention. Oh, I've seen it. Just because I'm seventeen does not mean I don't go out and have fun. Although I'm not a heavy drinker myself and the club-scene isn't really my thing, I do enjoy the outdoors and traveling. We are under contract not to see other people off camera because of lingering people who could potentially witness it, Enrique never fails to disobey what management tells us to do. Of course, he is the infamous Enrique Gil. Who would dare fire and embarrass him?

So here I am, my hair being tugged by a professional hairdresser and my face being caked with all sorts of chemically-induced products I can't even pronounce. I'm currently wearing a robe as the dress I would be wearing for tonight is still being prepped.

Enrique is, of course, late to his own appointment. God knows where that boy is. I bet he was out partying last night in his own condominium. He pays girls to keep their mouth shut in case they go out prancing about their secret rendezvous with him. I know this not because I'm a snoopy little sleeze but because Enrique is very open about it to me. He never fails to wipe it in my face. Although he's known for disobeying rules, work is work so he does try to respect that.

But of course, do I look like the type to get jealous? Obviously not! Kadiri kaya. Who am I to stoop so low just to spend one night with him only to be forgotten the next?

As they were curling my hair and pinning it back, the doors bursted open as the devil himself dressed in black skinny jeans, a baseball shirt and of course sunglasses. The nerve of this boy, I swear.

"Oh? Ano na? Sisimulan niyo na ba ako?" he said in his most annoying voice ever. Nakakairita!

I rolled my eyes as I focus back on the phone in my hand, ready to text Kathryn if she's already ready. But of course, I bet she's busy with her own prep time. I envy her loveteam with Daniel. She doesn't need to go through the stress of all this, of being tied down to a man who she hates. At least they don't have to pretend off camera because no doubt they both like each other. They make a lovely pair, it's quite obvious Daniel is smitten.

Clicking on my instagram profile, Enrique plopped down on the seat next to me, which isn't too far from where I'm sitting. I inwardly groan as I hear him ordering people around.

"So Liza, na-miss mo ba ako?" He asked me so smugly, even though I'm not facing him I can see him through the huge mirror in front of us. His eyebrows danced in amusement.