prologue 🌙

The alarms are ringing, and it's a fact, the Kingdom has found the small little hunter's guild. You can hear the screams and the heavy steps of rushing hunters trying to protect their homes. But they cannot be forgiven for the crime they have committed. No matter how hard they fight, all of their swords, arrows, and spears will crumble down to the floor. Their fate has been sealed, and it's all because of me.

"Psyche, we have to go." Eleazar grabs onto my still wounded wrists, from last night. My kaleidoscope colored irises looked over to see him. It made no sense for him to try and save me one his fate is sealed.

"Elea, you must run." My eyes start to swell up as I go over and try to pry his hand off my wrist. I must save him; there must a way.

"Don't start with me, Psyche, we're doing the soul extraction. We need to save you, at least." My breath has been caught in my throat as I try to grasp what he just had to say. Soul extraction was a technique that only a few hexes have been able to survive. The worst part of the spell is that the one who performs it risks his or her life.

I couldn't tell him about my worries because, for an instant, the background chaos from the cabins in the guild were suddenly too much. Fire blazed outside, and the screams of the women and children began to flood my ears.

"Eleaz..." I could feel my eyes tear up as he pulled me off the ground and slung me over his shoulders. I closed my eyes, wanting to forget the horrific scenery coming from outside. But deep down, I resented myself. It was my fault. It was all my fault.

Suddenly I could hear Eleazar opening the prayer chamber, and sure enough, this was it. As he put me down on the ground, he locked the doors behind us. The candles were illuminating the different ruins of the hunter's core values. Then I saw the enormous flat boulder with the ruins of my kind.... The lunar hexes...

"I promised you, Psyche, that I was going to help you live a true life." I could feel his hands on my shoulders as I shook my head. Biting my lower lip as I heard his words of farewell.

"Please, Eleazar. Don't do this, you know I-"my voice began to plead as he turned me around and lightly cupped my face in his hard callous hands. My cursed eyes gazed up and focused on his as he leaned in and kissed my lips. The idea of not seeing this man anymore was not living to me. But I knew that his mind was set, and his only goal was to keep me safe.

As we kissed in this middle of the chaos and the end of his guild. I couldn't stop but to cherish this last moment with him. His lips molding perfectly with mine as our kiss deepened, and my body resonated with his touch.

When we pulled away, no words were said anymore as he took my hand and guided me over to the flat boulder. Without thinking or trying to object, I went ahead and sat on top of it. Shedding my layers of clothing, my ruins and marks began to flourish as the full moon finally appeared through smoke and clouds. My body felt alive and vibrating like all those times as I laid down on the cold, smooth rock. I could hear Eleazar praying to his gods and went over to my side one more time.

"I know that after the soul extraction, your memory will be a bit hazy. But please find Hellion. Tell him, Pandora fell." Tears began to slide down my cheek as I nodded my head and focused on leaving my mind blank as Eleazar began the soul extraction on his own. Making my body glow the blue tint of the moon as I felt my body slowly become numb.

The moon.

Hellion

Pandora has fallen.

Those will be the only words I repeated in my mind as my soul was torn out of my body. To live a world without my true nature, but still, live.