Attempt to apprehend Lori

After visiting the address of the zip code Carter found at her and Lori's old apartment, she finds photos taken of David and Elizabeth when they were expecting the twins—three years before the Wilsons officially met Lori. Elizabeth calls Lori their stalker, which makes Carter question whether Lori ever really loved her or just wanted to hurt Elizabeth and David.

Carter thinks Elizabeth shouldn't stop looking for Lori and offers up her help in finding Lori.

Elizabeth receives a phone call from a therapist who specializes in teen trauma, but when Carter stays home from school that day to meet her, she learns that the therapist is actually Lori, who gives her a picture of David sleeping. Carter confronts David, but she doesn't know whether to believe him or Lori.

Later, Lori calls Elizabeth to schedule a meeting with her, but when Carter finds out, she has a problem with it.

Second abduction and apprehending Lori
Carter goes with Elizabeth to the destination Lori picked to meet and chat with Elizabeth at, but when Lori does not show, Elizabeth panics and goes to check on Carter, who has been drugged via a drink Lori had delivered to Carter and has already been kidnapped again.

After 4 hours, Carter wakes up, remembering the day Lori kidnapped her as a toddler; Carter witnesses Lori talking on the phone with someone. Once Lori realizes she is awake, she tells Carter that she did, indeed, drug her and is ready to tell her the truth. When Lori and Carter leave a motel, Carter questions where are they going, to which Lori responds "We're going to get Taylor." After Lori's response, Carter attempts to run away from her, but is chased and stopped by Lori. Lori snaps a photo of Carter and her to send to Taylor and asks her to send that picture, telling Taylor to meet them in 2 hours and to come alone. In that moment, Carter is very hurt, realizing Lori is very different and not the person she knew. At a diner, Elizabeth and Taylor meet Carter and Lori. Lori finally tells them the truth: she is their genetic mother because Elizabeth couldn't get preganant.