Chapter 2

KATY

Nine months passed very quicly. Too quicly. I published my album in december: an enourmous succes. Katycats all over the world were happy, and I with them. Like I thought, started the interviews, the music awards, the tv programs... Like always. Only during the second month I started seeing what I had in my belly. Jaty was growing up very well. The 25 of March I went to the gineacologist. Was time to know the sex of the baby. I still remember that so much important day.

We went to the doctor at 11 a.m. Was a sunny but cold day. I was really nervous. We entered in the hospital and went to the reception.

- Hello.- said John.- We have a visit with the doctor Tred.-

- Yes. Please wait in the waiting room: she we will call you when she will finish the visit she's doing.- said the woman.

We set on a little sofa. John put his hand on my belly. He always did like this.

- So. Are you sure of the names?- asked.

- I like them. But you?-

- Rebecca is a beautiful name. For a boy... I don't know.- John thought.- But we have a lot of time.-

- And we don't still now the sex...-

John was saying something but the doctor called us.

- Mayer!- she said. We stood up and went to the room.- Please sit.-

We set on two chairs in front of her desk.

- So. This is the fift month that you are pregnant, right, Mrs Mayer?- asked watching me.

- Yes.-

- Did you have any broblem? Pains? Vomit? Blood?-

- I vomited sometimes, but no blood.-

- Fine. Say me all your informations...- I said all my personal informations and also John's and she wrote it in her computer.- Ok. You can lay down on the bed and put off you t-shirt.-

I put off my dresses and laid down on the bed.

- Have you ever done it?- asked the doctor. She had the same machine that had the Italian doctor.

- Yes. Some months ago we went to Italy and I vomited for the first time. I got scared and we went to the hospital. The doctor said that there wasn't any broblem but he wanted to do a ceck, just to be sure.-

- Ok.-

She put something strange on my belly (a trasparent liquid) and started moving the machine.

- Is a girl.- said the doctor smiling.- And I'll say she's very well.-

John kissed me.

- You wanted a girl?- asked the doctor, still smiling.

- I yes...- I said.

The doctor cleaned my belly and switched off the machine. When I got dressed she gave me the photo of the baby. The first photo of Rebecca.

After it the time passed.

And, I don't know how, I retrouved myself in the hospital, the 28 of July. Rebecca was late, but wasn't a problem for me. I passed some days waiting for her, John always with me. Than, the 30, my waters got broken.

- John?- I asked, in panic.

- Don't worry, Katy. I'm going to call the doctor right now.- he went out of the room and retourned with a doctor.

- Hi. I'm the doctor Sain. Waters got broken?-

- Yes. I hope we fina... Ouch!- I bended in two.