To Live & Let Go [Jalex one-shot]

"ALEXANDER! DRAG YOUR LAZY ASS OVER HERE!"

I rolled my eyes for the way Jack usually spoke to me, but I couldn't held the laugh which soon escaped my lips. We were best friends, that was sure, and we spoke to each others like we were just some pieces of shits. Sure that seems to be weird, but I guess we were really weird...

"Ya, Jackary?" I shouted back, getting up from the couch I had been laying. Jack was god-knows-where, and I had been watching some movie - Nightmare before christmas, I think - but I hadn't paid really much attention to it; my girlfriend had kept me busy with texting to me. Emma sure was an adorable girl, but he kept worrying about me every now and then - I guess she just cared about me, after all, judging by my past.

However, I got up and walked from the living room to the kitchen. I called Jack by his name and asked him where he was.

"Come and find me", was his cheeky answer. I rolled my eyes again. That was soooo typical to him.

"This better be worth of it", I mumbled to myself and started to head to the doorway of the kitchen. We were at Jack's now - his house was huge, I have to admit. The very first times I was here, I lost almost every time I tried to find a bathroom or the way out of this house - I was only seven, but still! This house really was big for three persons - Jack was his parents' only child.

I shook my head to the memories and stopped at the doorway, looking to my left and right side. There was a hallway which led you almost through the whole house. It was like it was a railway with different stops aka the different rooms. I had told this to Jack when we were eight, and straight after that we started to build a huge railway through the house. I have to say that my childhood with Jack was damn awesome.

My thoughts were interrupted by Jack's scream. "ALEEEEEEEX!" he screamed, causing me to jump a little. I had forgotten that he was hiding somewhere. Weren't we a bit too old to hide and seek?

"Jackass, aren't we too old for this game?" I shouted out loud. "I mean, can't you just come out?" I started to walk to the right, heading to the stairs - I knew he was upstairs, probably in his own room, trying to drag me there and then say something like 'I got you' and then starting to laugh his ass off - and then I would be chasing after him, trying to tickle him to death. Ya, that had happened way too many times.

"Come out? I'm straight, you fucktard", he shouted back. I stopped and thought why he had said that, and as I realized it, I snorted.

"I didn't meant that way", I laughed, "except if you are gay for me..."

"What the fuck?! Are you crazy, man?" I now laughed more and started to climb up the stairs. There were pictures of us and his family and other friends and of course of him as his girlfriend Jenna. They had been together for what, three years, but - don't get me wrong - I think Jack deserved better than that. Of course Jenna was beautiful and all, but my honest opinion of her was that he was a bitch. A total bitch. First she seemed to be nice, but then she started to act really bad towards me. Jack still doesn't know about it, but I can almost smell the sarcasm from her voice when she talks to me. And if course I act the same way towards her.

"Dude, are you still there? Did you die or somethin'?" Jack shouted from somewhere. I blinked several times and ran the rest of the stairs up.

"Yes Jack, I died!" I shouted back to him before heading towards his room's door. I stopped in front of it.

"Holy shit, are you a ghost now? That's cool", Jack responded. I breathed a laugh to him.

"Yo, isn't it? Now tell me where you are."

"I said come and find me..."

I sighed and opened the door, relieving an empty room. I walked in, confused, and tried to find him, but he wasn't there.