Chapter Three - If it means a lot to you.

Chapter three –

Avoiding Jet Burrows was surprisingly easy. After transferring from Composition, Agatha hadn’t seen him. Five weeks had passed since the incident in the main hall. People still looked at her strangely when she passed, but she simply ignored their existence. Sylvia was still worrying, but she had learned to smile and act like everything was perfectly fine. ‘Maybe I should take an acting class next semester.’ Agatha thought to herself with a humourless chuckle.

She was currently sitting outside under one of the large trees on campus, enjoying the rare London sun on a Saturday afternoon. A notebook balanced on her thighs and a pen hung from her lips, head phones firmly over her ears, blocking out the world with the loud, angry words of A Day To Remember. She quietly hummed to herself, feeling pretty good for the first time in over a month. Her brows creased in confusion when the sun disappeared, peering up from her work to find that Axel had dropped down to sit directly in front of her. Aggie blinked her chocolate brown eyes a few times before removing her head phones, watching as Axel smiled at her.

“Hey stranger” he greeted, leaning back to rest on his hands.

“Hey.” She replied nonchalantly.

“How are you?” he asked, head cocked somewhat to one side. He hadn’t seen Agatha in a few weeks, and she looked different. She was in a baggy hoodie and jeans, but they seemed to hang a little more loosely than they had before.

“Alright, you?” she responded, barely looking up from her work.

“Good. What are you listening to?” He asked casually, though he could tell already, just from the noise emanating from around her neck.

“A Day To Remember.”

“Homesick was my favourite album.” Axel grinned when she looked at him in surprise.

“You know them?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Love them. In fact..” He trailed off, watching the curiosity glow in her eyes before her continued. “Did you know they’re playing tonight, in the city?”

“What?!” She practically screamed, leaning forward to stare at him. “Are you freaking serious?! How did I not know?”

“Secret show.” He shrugged, trying to hide a smile. She looked absolutely heartbroken at this moment, it was obvious she adored these guys. “I’m going.” He added, just to tease. Her brows furrowed and she gave him a dangerous look.

“Are you trying to get yourself mugged? ‘Cos I will do it.”

“No need, pet. I have a spare ticket. Interested?” She looked as if she may jump on him, but then an unrecognisable emotion flashed through her eyes and she leaned back a little.

“What’s the catch?”

“No catch. I need someone to come with, ticket’s free. Can’t have it going to waste, now can we?”

“You promise there’s no catch?” She seemed so suspicious, so Axel gave her a soft, genuine smile.

“I promise, Agatha. Come with me.”

“Okay.” She said after a long pause, her lips slowly tugging up in a smile. “When?”

“It starts at 11:30, it’s a late show. How about we grab a pizza and a drink at 8, then head there?”

“This isn’t a date, is it?” Agatha suddenly asked, taking him by surprise. Would it be so bad if it was?

“Not if you don’t want it to be.”