Chapter 13

Author's note - I tend to switch between the first and third person a lot. I have a demarcation for such cases but sorry if you get irked by that.And this is unedited. 

I Chapter 13 I

Most of the times when I faced situations which blew my brains and sanity out of me, I would sleep on it. When I woke up, I would feel re energized and have the courage to face the situation head on.

So I slept. Six hours of nothing but peaceful, blissful ignorance of reality. My mind should have settled a bit but I could not think at all. I could not even begin to rationalize the events. In fact I was hesitant. I did not want to be aware of the world that had not existed for me until a day ago.

But I could not even ignore it. Because I could still feel Brandon's presence by his heavy  shuffling. I could hear Grandma's worry in her knock every two hours.

Most of all I could tell they wanted me to come out and ask. Ask every confusion, doubt or question that was raising a storm within me. But how do I tell them that I was not ready for any answers, whether it was truth or lies?

I tossed in my bed that was too warm for my liking since I was asleep in it for quite some time.

I had heard Brandon leave half an hour ago after much persuasion from Gran. I was relieved. His presence was stifling at that moment.

I quietly got out of bed and looked out to the serene forest which showed no signs of the chaos that had wrecked havoc in it the night before. It seemed that the forest accepted everything.

I wanted to too. But first I had to think. And I needed time for that.

Alone.

++++++++++++++++     +++++++++++++++        +++++++++++++++

Brandon sighed heavily as he made his way to her. If only she would come out. If he had marked her, she could have felt his need for her to come to him. Rely on him. Take care of her.

However he hadn't even seen her face for the last twenty two hours and that irked him. She really wanted to forget everything, perhaps even him. It hurt him that she wanted nothing to do with him, but giving up was not an option. Not when it meant giving up on life itself.

He ambled to the simple porch and knocked on the door.

Maurine opened the door and by her expression something seemed amiss.

He entered the house and felt her absence her.

"Where is she?" he asked with gritted teeth, trying to keep his anger and panic at bay.

She sighed and for the first time he saw tiredness in her face.

"I don't know."

"Well how can you NOT?" he said on the verge of shouting.

She looked at him irritated, "However I do know she is safe."

He pressed his temples, the worry causing a headache,

"Do you know where she will be...no, can you find her?"

"I can but I will not".

Brandon was ready to kill something but Maurine said "Look, do you think she is gone only for you to find her? She will come back when she finds her own way. So much has been happening and she hasn't really come to terms with anything. She is a logical person and all this is out of the reasoning of her rational mind."

"You don't understand! She doesn't want me near her. She hates me. She doesn't want to accept the fact that I am a werewolf. If possible she would have erased me from existing! However, even though all this pains me I will still accept it, only if she is near me!" Brandon said his voice throaty with the wracking pain that was coursing within him.

"Trust me Brandon once she comes around it, she will never leave you. But let her sort it out. Her safety is  not compromised, you have my word. All you can do now is wait for her."

But Brandon wondered for how long, with despair.