Chapter Two- Everything Has Changed

It was my tenth birthday and I was having a birthday party. I invited my friends and my grandma. After cake and ice cream, I opened up gifts. A bunch of jewelry from my friends, a couple outfits from my parents. And from my grandma I got a guitar and a microphone?

Confused I looked at my grandma holding the instrument in my hand and placing the microphone on the floor. "Grandma, why did you give me this stuff?"

"Oh dear, I though it would be a good time to start your music career," said my grandma "there's no time like the present!"

"But Grandma.. you know I want to become a horse jockey!"

"Taylor Alison Swift...you Grandmother gave you a nice gift, now headed upstairs to your room with your friends and keep them busy!!" my father barked

I smiled and headed upstairs. One by one my friends left and soon it was just me and my guitar. I picked up my guitar and started playing for my Grandma as if she was there.

~.~

It was three PM and I decided to practise playing my guitar. After about a week I started playing nites and after about a month later, I could play several songs but I wasn't great.

~.~

I was now elven and my ''friends'' had changed. They grew up to be rude girls who stood at the bus stop and talked about me. I didn't care what they did because my best friend for life was my Mom.

When ever I went to school, my ''friends'' would always make fun of my fingers because when I played I played until my finger started to bleed. So my mom would always have to tape them up. That didn't bug me because I could play and sing now! My life changed dramatically.