comfort

house pov

i tentatively open wilson's door. i'm a bit shaken up-- and i never get that way.

"wilson?" i call out into the office. he looks up from his paperwork at me. once he notices my state, his raises his eyebrows.

"what's wrong, house?" he asks, putting down his pen. i walk in, making sure to close the door. i sit down on his couch, putting my feet up on the small table. i lean my cane against the couch.

he sighs, and gets out of his chair. he comes around his desk to sit next to me. we sit in silence for a bit, and then i start talking.

"i don't know what's wrong with me, wilson." i say slowly. he looks questioningly at me, but remains quiet.

"i don't know why i'm this upset. patients die all the time! but..." i trail off, thinking of what happened with chase.

"but?" wilson prompts.

"well... chase had the right answer. he did the autopsy himself-- he proved it! but when he suggested it, i cast the idea aside, saying all of the symptoms weren't there." 

"there must be more than that." wilson says. "you wouldn't be this upset over something like that."

"well..." i start, nervous. i gulp. "chase- chase said that he was sick of me not paying attention to his ideas. he- he quit, wilson!" i say loudly.

wilson's face softens, and he sighs. "it's your own fault, house." he says. this is what i love about him, he's not afraid to give me the cold-hard truth. he doesn't sugarcoat things.

i just sigh. "i know." after a moment's silence, i speak up again. "do you still have those cigars?" he chuckles, getting up and grabbing one.

"we'll share it." he says. i smile at him, and we get lost in each other's eyes. each one of us staring at the other, so very in love.

wilson carefully puts the cigar down. "what if... instead of smoking... we kissed?" i laugh at his tone, and pull him towards me.

"that sounds great." i say. we attach our lips, and i instantly feel some pf the weight leaving my chest. he makes me so incredibly happy, he can make any situation better. i clove him.

first oneshot sorry it sucked lmao. i have no ideas and ugh this was so bad ._. whatever, hopefully the next one is better!

<3 mikey