Tao

I sighed as I went inside the detention room. Yep. Detention room. Sad to say, I landed in detention for two days in a row. Why? Because my teacher caught me sleeping in class. Mrs. Lim, my Math teacher was very furious at me for sleeping in her class for two consecutive meetings. She didn't understand that her subject is very boring. Plus, I slept late these past few days because I watched Kuroko's Basketball Season 3. I still have several more episodes to watch and I can't wait to get home to finish it. I sighed again, this time much louder as I trodded inside the room. There were 4 people inside, all boys. I grimaced and went to the teacher sitting in front of a blackboard. She raised her eyebrows at me as I handed her the blue slip.

"Back again? What did you do this time?" she asked as she tries to read the blue slip, "Sleeping inside the class? You're consistent huh."

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes at the teacher.

"Well?" she said so I took that as a cue and went to a vacant seat and slumped there. I looked around the room and noticed him. He was here too yesterday, and again he had a band-aid on his face, with a couple of scratches and bruises everywhere. He was leaning lazily against the back of his chair as he shot dagger looks at the three boys. I suppose he had a fight with the three, just like yesterday. But yesterday he fought five boys, from what I heard from that nasty detention teacher. Tough huh. He's one of those boys who is popular in school because he is a gangster. A handsome gangster though. What was his name again? Tam? Tan? No no. Ah! Tao! Yeah Tao.

He must have noticed that I was staring at him because he suddenly turned his head in my direction and looked back at me. I blinked and tore my gaze away from him. He knew that I was staring at him, right? God, that was embarrasing! I think he recognized me, since we were both here yesterday. I sensed that he was still staring at me so I bowed my head and let my hair fall so that he can't see my face.

"Mrs. Jung, the principal called you. Says he needs you at the staff room," a student suddenly said as he went inside the room. The detention teacher stood up and addressed us, "The five of you, stay here, and if I hear some funny business from all of you, I'll make sure that you'll be expelled", then she glared at us and left with the student.

I let out a smile when she left. Yes! It will probably take long for her to come back since the principal specifically asked for her. Yes! I can sleep now! I was about to lean my head on the desk when one of the three boys approached me.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" he asked in a commanding tone.

"What do you think?" I answered, bored. What an idiot. Of course I'm here for the detention. Got no brains at all. Tsk tsk.

"How dare you answer to me like that! You know that I can punch you for your big mouth!"

"Oh I'm sorry, but I don't know that you can punch me. Besides, I doubt that you have the strength," I said. Well, its the truth anyway. His face is covered with blood. He has a black eye on his right eye and his lips are swollen. He has many cuts and wounds. His uniform is tattered as well. Tsss. I looked behind him and saw that his two companions have the same condition as him. Funny that he threatened me when he can't even beat Tao and he even has two cronies to help him.

"You little - ! I can still lift my arms to punch your big fat mouth," he said and he lifted his arms. I closed my eyes and braced myself. One. Two. Three. There comes the punch right now. It's coming!

"You don't get it, do you? Want me to beat you to death right now?" I heard a low and threatening voice say.

I opened my eyes and saw Tao holding the wrist of the guy who wants to punch me. He looks really scary. The guy scoffed and pulled his arm fiercely away from Tao. He backed a few steps, glared at us and went to join his companions sitting across the room.