Chapter 1: The Girl

POV- Lukas

I closed my locker and turned in time to see her walk in. the same thing that happened every other time, happened this time too. The slow motion effect; I noticed every flawless feature of Mia as she made her way through the hall.  Her wavy light brown hair with natural blonde highlights that fell a little past her shoulders, perfect skin paler than most people's but amazing for her, and her light blue-grey eyes that expressed every thought and emotion she had yet would never judge you. Her outfit, she wore skinny jeans which on her looked almost like normal jeans and a light green flowy top.  What she wore didn't really matter though, because she looked perfect in everything.

I was jerked back to reality as Mia's boyfriend walked over and they kissed their hellos. I sighed, Mia was one of the most popular girls in school. She could be with any guy she wanted, heck I was lucky to be her friend at all, let alone her best friend. Mia could tear me to shreds if she wanted to, but it was as if she didn't know she had so much power. Like she didn't know she was popular. It was obvious she knew that she was, but she was so humble at times that is was like she didn't know. That fact only makes her even more well liked, and even harder for me to get to see her. 

The good news is I still am her best friend, and still do get to see her. Mia and I have been friends since the first grade, and best friends since the second grade. Since third grade we were like siblings, instead of friends; and since forth grade we became a family(when we talk about family each others family is always included, like we are actually related). The slow motion thing has been happening since the fifth grade, and since the sixth grade she's been popular and always had a boyfriend. Before seventh grade she had her heart broken and incalculable amount of times, and by eighth grade she was used to it, although a few breakups still really shook her. Now in 9th grade, freshman year of high school very little has changed for her, the work load is really the only thing, everything else has really stayed the same. She if popular, well liked by everyone, super smart, humble,and she always has a boyfriend. Ohh, and that boyfriend is NEVER me; its always some like rich, popular, bad boy, jerk type guy. A guy who could have any girl he wants, but no, they always have to choose Mia before I get up the guts to make a move. I'm hopeless when it comes to girls, and even more so when it comes to Mia. She'd probably go out with any other guy on this planet before she would go out with me; or she would go out with me to make me feel better about myself, Mia's that type of person. She's a perfect person, a perfect girl.

_________________________________

So what do you guys think? I know that it isn't edited yet, so sorry about that. If you have any ideas or suggestions about this book or any of my books either comment below, comment on my profile, or pm me! :) Thanks for  reading!