1.8

I pull away still feeling slightly flustered as I look up at Shawn feeling my cheeks heat up as he stares into my eyes with an unknown expression before breaking out into a smile.

Suddenly feeling self conscious I look away but I keep my hand in his trying to contain the bubbliness I was feeling inside. Then kisses wasn't like the one at the beach, it meant more. It wasn't apart of some game, it was genuine.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." Shawn says snapping me out of my thoughts, as I look at Shawn surprised.

"What do you mean? How long have you been wanting to kiss me for?"

"Since I first saw you but that would have been weird."

"I don't think I would have mind." I say as he gives me another one of his cute smiles.

"Well then I should have definitely done it sooner," He says leaning in again.

"Definitely sooner." I agree before connection our lips once again.

"Do you want to go on a date with me this Friday?" Shawn asks.

"I don't know, what's in it for me?"

"Quality time with yours truly and free food."

"You had me at free food." I joke as he rolls his eye affectionately.

"I think you should try to talk to Sam."

"I don't know, I'm scared I'll get rejected. Maybe I should just wait for her to cool down a bit more." I reason.

"Do whatever makes you feel comfortable but realise the longer you wait the worse it can get."

"Ugh, why do you have to be right," I groan while he laughs and gives me a shrug. "I'll talk to her next time I see her." I say as he looks at me doubtfully.

"Fine, just don't put it off for too long." He says as he reaches his hand out towards me, offering to help me off the swing as I thankfully except.

"I won't." I reassure him as I follow him away from the park, my hand firmly in his until I see missed text from a familiar number.

To Blue:From Logan-
Where are you?
Why aren't you sitting with us?
I asked Sam and she ignored me. I think she's pissed.
Dude lunch and now class are you skipping!?

From Blue:To Logan-
No you idiot, well maybe but I have a reason and Sam's angry at me so I decided to sit outside for lunch.

To Blue: From Logan-
What why?
Is it because of that boy, are you with him now?

I look down at my phone nervously because I knew if I ignored the question Logan would know straight away that he was right and would probably storm out of school looking for me himself but I hated lying to him.

From Blue: To Logan-
The fight yes, am I with him no. It's just some family business.
Shouldn't you be in class concentrating?

To Blue: From Logan
Class is overrated and I hope you're okay. x

I hear Shawn scoff from over my shoulder as I turn around and see that he's been reading my messages. I raise my eyebrow at him as he shrugs and shoves his hands into his pocket.

Okay?

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask confused at his sudden stern look as he seemed to be storming a couple feet in front of me.

"You're so oblivious and he obviously likes you..." Shawn says as I can't help but laugh slightly. Oh so he was the jealous type.

"I don't understand why you're jealous. Firstly he doesn't even like me and secondly I'm here with you not him."

"Firstly he does obviously like you, he sent you a kiss. What do you think x's stand for." He argues while I roll my eyes before grabbing his arm and pulling him back causing him to face me as I lean up and kiss him passionately.

As I pull away I look back up at Shawn to see him still slightly dazed from our kiss.

"Come on lover boy, we need to get back to school." I say leading him back.