Alex

My morning starts the same everyday. Wake up, shower, hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, eat, leave. It's been the same for ten years. First thing you need to understand about me is that I am a blunt person. Sugarcoating is not an option. Never, no matter what. Keeley, my sister, is a professional sugar coater and I relish the moments she makes up a pillowing excuse as to why her grade dropped, why she doesn't like someone. I don't get understand! Why go through life conjuring excuses as to why something happened when you can just tell the truth and be done? 

I open the door to my bedroom, slinging my backpack over my left shoulder. On the ground immediately outside the door is a red rose, thorns removed, velvety petals reaching up to me.

Jake.

I pluck the flower from the ground and place it in the vase sitting on top of my dresser, three roses identical to this one inside. After placing my new bloom in the vase, I close my bedroom door and take the stairs to the kitchen. As expected, a raven-haired boy sits at the island with a cup of black coffee. No cream, no sugar. "I got another rose today," I tell my boyfriend, and his amber eyes shine at me.

"Wonder who the secret admirer is...?" He responds cheekily, winking at me. My cheeks go the color of my rose's petals. Keeley 'gags' and hits my shoulder as she walks by to make a cup of over-sugared coffee.

"Get a room, would you?" My sister complains loudly. She pretends to be annoyed with our relationship, but the both of us know she secretly admires it.

"C'mon, you think it's cute! Admit it... we're cute," Jake says playfully, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him. I peck his cheek... Even sitting, Jake is almost a foot taller than me.

"No..." Keeley argues, though her tone fails to agree, "you guys need to control your... sensuality, when I'm around!"

Jake's coffee comes out his nose at these words, "Sensu...ality!" He coughs between hysteric giggles. I laugh too; Keeley can fail with her words sometimes, now being one of those times.

I see her rose-petal red cheeks as she turns to grab the coffee creamer, and I swallow a giggle. She can't help herself sometimes.

"Anyway," Jake starts after composing himself and cleaning up his mocha-flavored mess, "I heard you've had your eye on a certain baseball player..."

Keeley whips around, a fiery look in her eye, "I do not like him! Why does everyone think I do?" 

Jake gives me a knowing look, then passes it to her. "Everyone sees the way you blush when he smiles at you, and the way he looks at you... Even if you don't like him, he likes you."

My sister stops mid-stir of her coffee, and turns to face Jake slowly, "Why would he like me?"

"Whoops... Guys it's eight. We gotta go if we wanna make it to school on time." I quickly interrupt, stopping something that nobody wants started, especially me.

Keeley gulps down her coffee and grabs her keys, "See you guys later," and walks out the front door.

Jake kisses my cheek, "C'mon, we gotta go... I'm driving!" He grabs the keys to my silver Carolla and jogs out the door. I sigh and trot after him, hoping today won't be such a terrible Monday.

We'll see...

|-_-_-_-|

Hi again!

I know it's been a little while since I've written a part, but this one is a pretty good foundation for Alex's character, and her relationships with Jake and Keeley. I know you guys don't really get to see her and her interactions with Lara yet, but you got an idea of it last chapter, and you'll see more soon. 

Also, in Keeley's future chapters, she and a few others call her 'Daisy', so if you see that name pop up, it's Keeley.

Hope you're well.

Xx,

D.S.