Bring Me To Life

• Dedicated to Yumiko12345

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence.  I don't even own this OC.

~*~

Name: Kiara Mizushima

Age: 15

Race: human

Hair: long and black

Eyes: blue

Status: student

Other: Has a jewel shard in her chest which helps her heal people, which she has always been able to do.

Personality: shy at first, then kind when she opens up. Also motherly, sweet, sensitive, gentle, soft-spoken, forgiving, and polite.

Family: just a puppy, Shiro. Parents [father-Kenta (33) mother-Azumi (31)] are dead.

~*~

You made a face as you looked up at the building before you--your new school. People bustled around you, making their way up to the doors. Stifling a sigh, you joined the crowds. Once you had your schedule, you took about ten minutes to find your new room. You opened the doorseconds before class began. The teacher saw you, blinked, then realized who you were.

"Ah...Class, this is our new student, Kiara Mizushima," he said.

Suddenly everyone's eyes were on you...It was unnerving, to say the least. You took a

deep breath before speaking.

"Um...Nice to meet you." You dipped your head to the class, then your new teacher pointed you to your seat and started the lesson. You understood most of what he was talking about, having just covered the material at your last school, but the girl beside you looked completely clueless and worried. You felt a stab of pity as you watched her freak out.

You made your way to the roof at lunch, wantin to avoid crowds. When you finished eating, you flopped onto your back to stare at the clear blue sky. You wished the day was already over. You heard the door open somewhere over your head, but didn't look up.

"Hey, isn't that the new girl?" asked an unfamiliar voice. So much for peace...You sat up and looked over to see four of the girls from your class. They smiled at you and you hesitantly returned it.

"Hi, I'm Kagome," said one of the girls. You realized that she was the girl beside you who didn't understand what was going on in class.

The others introduced themselves as Yuka, Ayumi, and Eri. You had become good friends with them, especially Kagome, by the time you had to return to class. Kagome had even invited you to come over after school, and you had accepted, on the condition that you could bring Shiro.

Afternoon classes were just as boring as morning classes had been. You couldn't wait to escape at the end of the day. When it finally came, you and Kagome hurridly packed your bags and left.

vvv

As it turned out, Kagome lived at some old shrine in one of Tokyo's quieter areas. She seemed to avoid the actual shrine building and an old tree in the yard as she led you and Shiro up to the house. You wondered why.

"Oh, I have a cat. Will Shiro be okay with that?" Kagome asked suddenly.

"Shiro's just fine with cats," you told her, scratching the dog behind his left ear. Kagome looked relieved.

"That's good," she said cheerfully, "I have...a friend whose dog doesn't get along with Buyo very well."

"That must suck," you commented nonchalantly.