Prologue

I wish everything could go back to the way it was.

I wish Sin never existed, and I wish that the Al Bhed were treated as equals.

I wish that my parents were still alive.

~~~~~

My mother died when I was five -- she was killed during a blitzball tournament. Apparently, before the game, the Guado Glories had threatened the Al Bhed Psyches about winning the playoffs. Nonetheless, the Al Bhed Psyches had won against the Guado Glories, and there was some dispute in the aftermath. All I remember from that day is my father telling me that mother had died, and that I should never forgive the Guado for what they had done.

In my youth, I often traveled back and forth from Kilika to Bikanel Island, the home of the Al Bhed. My father worked mostly in Bikanel, however our permanent home was in Kilika (due to reasons I didn't understand at the time.) As I grew older, I came to understand why -- my father worked with the Crusaders, a organization founded by Bevelle militiamen.

My father often mentioned 'Operation Mi'ihen'. He never told me what it was, or what its purpose was, but over time I figured it out on my own.

I hated it.

~~~~~

After that dreadful day, I was never sure if I should have been angry at the Crusaders, or at Sin...