Back Again

~Ariel ~
I ran down the stairs until I finally reached the end where two double door stood closed. I swung the doors open, anxious to find out where I was. The room I found was narrow, but huge. It was as if it were built for the sole purpose of the tall, wide window in the center of the room. However, orange and white curtains blocked the veiw outside. Why feature a window in the room only to cover it up? I walked across the room to the windows and pulled the curtains back. Light poured into the room revealing all the truths about it. Then I noticed the white dress I wore and realized I didn't remember deciding to wear, or even owning it in thw first place. The room was no longer narrow, either, but stretched out and decorated like a ball room. There was a row of windows now and in front of one stood a girl in black dress surrounded by tea cups. I frowned. Why are there china dishes on the floor? And why is she standing in the middle of them?
"It's strange, isn't it?" She said suddenly, making me jump. "Sometimes our minds don't know how to interpret our emotions."
I opened my mouth to speak, but the words didn't come. I had too many questions to ask and no idea where to start.
"I think the tea cups are a sign of tranquility." She said, as if that would explain everything. "I'm at peace, that's why they surround me. If you come closer you can see there is tea inside and that it's very still, not shaken. You, on the other, appear very confused. You're always coming from that winding, seemingly infinite staircase and ending up in the most unfamiliar places."
"Where are we? How did I get here?" I asked, having no memory of how I actually got to the staircase in the first place.
"Hunter would call it your mind palace, but for now let's just say you're in a very real dream." She explained.
"I'm dreaming?" I asked, even more confused. No one's ever told they're dreaming when they're dreaming. People just don't have dreams like that.
"I know, it's confusing." She replied, as if reading my thoughts. "You and I are sharing a dream. Or rather, I'm intruding in your's."