quarante-deux

-Chantel in the mm

Austin reclined onto the suede white seats of the cushions in the hotel room he brought with his tax money. He needed somewhere to stay, and quite frankly this was convientent and something he could afford that made him feel like he was the man. The vanilla doors had their crisp top coat of paint and he admired them until someone even more special waltz through the doors. The amazement sent him into a daze as her honey skin shown from beneath her dress. Her black sunglasses covered her eyes, and of course some make up along the way. This moment was never thought of, only because dead people don't come back to life. So when Chantel removed her sunglasses from her face, she pursed her lips and kept quiet.

"You're shitting me." Austin murmurs, his hands over his lips, preventing his loud speech forming in his vocal cords.

"It was me. I'm the one who's been blackmailing you."

Austin had been black mailed for a few years now. He's been forced to try to take Celeste away from Chris. Simply so Chantel didn't have to do any dirty work and take care of Celeste by herself.

So let's rewind.

Everyone believed Chantel was dead. Chris knew she was dead the minute his mind fooled him and told him he killed Chantel. The electricity didn't compact with her nervous system as it was supposed to. While she was unconscious for the hours remaining, Chris never admitted her to a hospital but reported an incident that she had drowned. Leaving her body out for the funeral home company to take care of.

Though when Chantel's body arrived at the funeral home, she was slightly awoken with final tests on her body, scaring the hell out of the employees. They rushed her to the emergency room and she stayed there for atleast two weeks. Chantel was able to find herself again and contacted Austin, she wasn't very close to him but she needed someone she could trust. She didn't want to go back into the arms of such a dangerous man as Chris so soon. She needed time, alot.

While Chris did not attend Chantel's funeral because of guilt. Austin pretended to attend her funeral and hired a man to create a fake plot and grave stone in the ground for Chantel.

Austin stopped hearing from Chantel until a month later when she wrote him an email saying she was going to commit suicide. Though Austin was in no sympathy much, as he had other events occurring in his life-- Chantel was the last person on his mind until now.

"What type of cat and mouse game? You almost had my ass killed more than once fucking around with my cousins girl-"

"Austin, I'm here to just put it all to rest today. I didn't want to have to blackmail you, but..." Chantel was now sitting beside Austin on the sued white cushions. The air was thick and persistent with tension, she wasn't sure how to react to the fact that Austin was so upset. Austin was so upset because he is actually in love with Celeste, and now that Chantel is back to replace her, he doesn't want to see Celeste hurt. Celeste wasn't hurt over the break up with Chris, she had plenty of love wounds but she felt as if time would heal them.

"Well you blackmailed the hell out of me. Threatened to tie my balls off, shoot me, rape me, I ain't know you was that crazy Chantel." Austin says glancing over to her.

Chantel chuckles unamused, "I had to say something. Thanks Austie, I really do love you, find a way to forgive me?" Her lips connected with his cheek and he brushed her away. He was just glad the person blackmailing him was not Amaury again. Amaury blackmailed Austin to make him try to get Celeste to quit working for Chris' but since that failed Amaury gave up.

Chris was sitting out on his first two steps of his estate, wondering where he went wrong with getting his sister pregnant; to fucking other women and hurting Celeste.

He found himself not being able to keep a promise to any woman, he could blame his mother forever but it would be useless, she was gone and couldn't change a damn thing.

It was a quiet night as he noticed a red corvette pull up infront of his drive way. He wasn't expecting anyone, especially since he was mad with everyone he knew at the moment.

Chantel was going to make herself know to Chris again, and Chris was least expecting the love of his life to be breathing.